Spidering Engine Not Working on Joomla 1.5 CMS?

Minor and major release and bug fixes requests will be discussed in here. If something just don't work right, or feel right, fire away. We are listening.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

kaseygrant

Spidering Engine Not Working on Joomla 1.5 CMS?

Post by kaseygrant »

My site is built using the Joomla 1.5 CMS, and although I have promptly placed all of the trades I agreed to on the homepage in a prominent area, the spider does not recognize them. I have left comments in the trade sections, but I don't know what more to do. i tried moving them from the sidebar, which is a module, into the mainbody, which is a core component, and that didn't change the situation. This caused one person to remove their link to me and is making me look extraordinarily irresponsible. Can this situation be rectified or should I just remove my profile here before it causes problems?
Thanks,
Kasey
jdoughs
Site Admin

Re: Spidering Engine Not Working on Joomla 1.5 CMS?

Post by jdoughs »

kaseygrant wrote:My site is built using the Joomla 1.5 CMS, and although I have promptly placed all of the trades I agreed to on the homepage in a prominent area, the spider does not recognize them. I have left comments in the trade sections, but I don't know what more to do. i tried moving them from the sidebar, which is a module, into the mainbody, which is a core component, and that didn't change the situation. This caused one person to remove their link to me and is making me look extraordinarily irresponsible. Can this situation be rectified or should I just remove my profile here before it causes problems?
Thanks,
Kasey
EDIT- Should be fine now, as long as anchors are proper. It was the amount of html tags inside the a tags that was causing troubles

If you have any questions about what I've said, or have any questions, you can post here, Private Message me here, or I'm always on ICQ @ 464 281 250
ImageImage
kaseygrant

Re: Spidering Engine Not Working on Joomla 1.5 CMS?

Post by kaseygrant »

Cool, thank you very much for fixing this problem. I'll pay more attention to the trailing slashes. Thanks again!
-Kasey