Members list and blocking

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

mcfester

Members list and blocking

Post by mcfester »

Questions rather than suggestions...

Is there a page where I can view a list of all members instead of using search to find a specific member?

If I block a member can I unblock them later?
When I member is blocked aswell as them not being able to request links from me, are they also excluded from the search category pages?
So if I've requested many links from a member and all are denied, I could exclude his pages from the search and later unblock if my pages PR increases and try again.
Would be good also for excluding members from search that add every page of a 2000 page blog :roll:
jdoughs
Site Admin

Re: Members list and blocking

Post by jdoughs »

mcfester wrote:Questions rather than suggestions...

Is there a page where I can view a list of all members instead of using search to find a specific member?

If I block a member can I unblock them later?
When I member is blocked aswell as them not being able to request links from me, are they also excluded from the search category pages?
So if I've requested many links from a member and all are denied, I could exclude his pages from the search and later unblock if my pages PR increases and try again.
Would be good also for excluding members from search that add every page of a 2000 page blog :roll:
I don't have a member list yet, but that's not a bad idea, my only concern would be spam or making that list available on one page. The members are not 'over protected' here or anything now, but it would be time consuming (and trackable by me) to try to get a list of all of them.

You can certainly unblock a user after he's been blocked (this was working in testing, so should still function fine).

I'll check with drocd about the blocked users and if they are removed from cat/search pages, but I suspect that they are, and if not, they will be.
ImageImage