A few options I'd like to see

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

leonxm

A few options I'd like to see

Post by leonxm »

Hi there.
I found a few misses here, in my opinion, which I'd like to have here.
1. No option to delete an already accepted trade.
2. No option to change an already accepted trade.

Another thing I'd like to have here is an one more level for categorizing links.
In our biz we have a few kinds of sites, like tubes, link lists, review sites, mgp/tgp and blogs.
I think it could be very useful, if we will have these categories to be the first level and then, when you pick up one, for example blogs, you will have a categories like amateur, anal, hardcore or whatever you need.
Be cause now we have all the kinds mixed up together, what make a search more problematic. I want to trade only with tubes, I pick up a tube category and check it out. I need trades with blogs, so I go to blogs. Now, I need to spend a lot from our brilliant time just to figure out who is who.
People can trade whatever they want, but mostly, I think, we prefer a trade with a similar site.
And also, it would be great to make it decidable option for the side who makes a request for a trade, if he wants a trade only with similar site(like blog with blog) or with everybody...

Thanks for your time. I hope you understand my messy message =)
leonxm

Re: A few options I'd like to see

Post by leonxm »

And one more =)
The Request Trade button can't be opened in the new tab. very uncomfortable.
If I want to stay on the page I make request from, now I need to double this page, cause request trade only can be opened at self_page.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

Would love an option to separate tgp, tube, blog, other.

I spend a ton of time weeding through tgp's and tubes trying to find blogs to trade with.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
Relentless

Post by Relentless »

The only problem is determining what each site is... what one person calls a 'video blog' someone else may call a 'tube' - so I can see how it would be helpful but I'd post some definitions of each site type to help people agree on what to tag their sites.
leonxm

Post by leonxm »

there is a very strong difference between blogs and tubes. blogs built on the blog kind script. I think it's easy to identify.
any way, I think this option should be given to user decision.
in general it will help us a lot.
Relentless

Post by Relentless »

leonxm wrote:there is a very strong difference between blogs and tubes. blogs built on the blog kind script. I think it's easy to identify.
any way, I think this option should be given to user decision.
in general it will help us a lot.
I agree it should be added.
I think you will be surprised how many people put in the 'wrong' label if you don't define it for them.