Down Time Alerts

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

naughtytweet

Down Time Alerts

Post by naughtytweet »

So yesterday we had a server problem, we've been down less than 24 hours -- we're flooded with messages here and people dropping links that haven't been down for that long. First it would be nice if there was some type of tagging we could place on our account to let people know we're down temporarily and second all these people dropping links immediately... come on.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Re: Down Time Alerts

Post by jdoughs »

naughtytweet wrote:So yesterday we had a server problem, we've been down less than 24 hours -- we're flooded with messages here and people dropping links that haven't been down for that long. First it would be nice if there was some type of tagging we could place on our account to let people know we're down temporarily and second all these people dropping links immediately... come on.

I have to agree on both fronts, we do have profile comments but thats as far as it goes now, about the others dropping links, me as well lost a few yesterday that were still live but the spider had tossed them back errors.

Big sigh.

Let me think about this, we thought about better defining errors, and possibly even reque'ing a site that pops Not Found.
ImageImage