Anyone use Flatpress ?

Run of the mill webmastery, if you've got questions, concerns, a vent that needs to be let off, feel free to post about it in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

pimpware

Anyone use Flatpress ?

Post by pimpware »

Anyone use Flatpress instead of Wordpress?
Flatpress is very similar to wordpress and work without databases, only need php hosting.

If you use it please post here your experience and some example would be good.

Regards
Pimpware
edhel2005

Re: Anyone use Flatpress ?

Post by edhel2005 »

tried using it but soon got rid of it because it's lacking too much for my purposes, mostly SEO wise
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

Mysql is a lot faster and is why it was created.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
blogstargirl

Post by blogstargirl »

Flatpress may still be php4 not php5 if that matters to you. SEO an issue as noted above. Not as much support as WP. I also decided to do a different CMS than WP so I tried Joomla, a wow but bloated to work with (at least for me), and I have a TXP site, which I like from design flexibility standpoint, but SEO is a chore.
pimpware

Post by pimpware »

The deal is, I have a couple of domain names I use with hosting provided from sponsors for years. My main traget was to build galleries and use folders only. Just built some shity websites to the root.

Now I'm in the mood to change that crap and make a good use of it thanks to LINKSPUN (I'm addicted too trades now) but the bad news is that most of those hosting will allow php but will not allow wp or other stuff that use databases for security reasons ...
I tried ftlatpress but ... I don't like it, I was expecting to be able to use feeds and most of the stuf I use with WP and I guess it's a waste of time.

What can I do, some static websites? Something using only php? Any ideas?
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

Could build something yourself... Put list of galleries into a file and then have it randomly pick some from them... Write something to download the 3rd thumb from each gallery so surfers have something to look at.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
venril

Post by venril »

Blogs Organizer is a good alternative if you do not wanna fuck with a bunch of WP installs on different domains. SEO is done well and you can change a lot of stuff, convert any WP theme so it looks exactly the same etc.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

vrocks wrote:Mysql is a lot faster and is why it was created.
A lot faster then what?