Need Help, Still Really Confused

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

Lennco

Need Help, Still Really Confused

Post by Lennco »

Ok, I still don't understand how this works.

For instance,

I have a Friends page specifically for links.
Is that the page I offer up? Or my home page?
Do I add someones link to my friends page to point to their home page?
And Vice/Versa?

Where do others put their traded links?

If you add the traded links to your home page do you hide them?

I have looked at some pages people are offering and I don't ever see any traded links on them so where are people putting the traded links?

Thanks
EthnicLover

Re: Need Help, Still Really Confused

Post by EthnicLover »

Welcome to LS.

Most traders are going to want an index/home page link, not a Friends page. However, if you have niche specific pages then traders will be interested in trading with those pages.

Whether or not you want to offer trades on your index page is entirely up to you. If you do offer trades from your index page make sure and only set up ABC or ABCD trades so that you don't have obvious reciprocal links going on.

You add whatever link the other trader requested from whichever page they requested a link from.

Most traders put their links on the sidebar or footer.

Never "hide" links in any way when trading. Google doesn't like it and traders will not want to trade with you.

If a webmaster has pages available to trade with, he/she should have some trades already up, unless they just added the site or have yet to set up any trades with that particular page. As mentioned previously, look to the sidebars or footer to find some links.
Lennco

Post by Lennco »

Excuse my ignorance but what is ABC or ABCD trades?
redwhiteandblue

Post by redwhiteandblue »

Lennco wrote:Excuse my ignorance but what is ABC or ABCD trades?
I have two sites, mysitea.com and mysiteb.com

You have two sites, yoursitea.com and yoursiteb.com.

Google doesn't like too much reciprocal linking, so to avoid the link exchange being spotted we arrange either an ABC or ABCD trade.

ABC: I link mysitea.com -> yoursitea.com -> mysiteb.com meaning, I link from one of my sites to yours, in return you link the same site to the other of mine. That still isn't very good because Googlebot can easily follow that path and see the exchange if at any time I accidentally allow some trade relationship between my two sites.

So much better is ABCD: I link mysitea.com -> yoursitea.com, and in return you link yoursiteb.com -> mysiteb.com. Much harder for Googlebot to discover, as long as I'm not linking between mysitea.com and mysiteb.com and you're not linking between yoursitea.com and yoursiteb.com.