stacked trades

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

camsites

stacked trades

Post by camsites »

hey - first of all - great platform, I am spreading the word about linkspun. so good luck guys!

suggestion for stacked trades:
right now i can only request several links to just ONE specific page.
there should be an option to request a link from domain A to page B , and from domain C to page D etc..

the current situation only allows requesting a link from domain A+C only to just 1 page (B)

or maybe i'm missing out something.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Re: stacked trades

Post by jdoughs »

camsites wrote:hey - first of all - great platform, I am spreading the word about linkspun. so good luck guys!

suggestion for stacked trades:
right now i can only request several links to just ONE specific page.
there should be an option to request a link from domain A to page B , and from domain C to page D etc..

the current situation only allows requesting a link from domain A+C only to just 1 page (B)

or maybe i'm missing out something.

Thanks for the kind words, and nah, you're not really missing anything. Right now a stack is just for that situation when there is 10-12 (or more, or less) domains a user has that you want to link up to an important site of your own. A lot of the guys with 300-400 domains each will do some 20-30 deep domain trades.

They are still fairly deep trades (abcd, 4 way), 20 inbounds from differant sites to 1 site, and you return 20 back to his one. It's just one of the ways it's being used at this point.

We do have some plans for the stacked feature it like everything else is just supposed to do a simple job (so far) but to do it right, and we will broaden it out a bit.
ImageImage
camsites

Post by camsites »

hey man thanks for the explanation.
i hope you'll add this feature, since it makes proper ABCD trades rather difficult to offer/accept.

anyways, great job up until now.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

camsites wrote:hey man thanks for the explanation.
i hope you'll add this feature, since it makes proper ABCD trades rather difficult to offer/accept.

anyways, great job up until now.
I dont think I follow, all trades are ABCD unless you chose to do AB or ABC.
ImageImage
inkognito

Post by inkognito »

jdoughs wrote:I dont think I follow, all trades are ABCD unless you chose to do AB or ABC.
he means on stacked trade, it is abcd but not fully customized abcd (or abc) trade
camsites

Post by camsites »

yeah, not fully customized - meaning all links a guy offers will be sent to just 1 url of mine (i can't choose A-->B , C-->D , all trades will be A+B-->C).

you get a box with two lines for example:

your site ---> his anchor ----> his site (he gets a link from you to his main site)

his other site ---> your anchor ----> your other site (you get a link from his secondary site to your main site)

your site = A
his site = B

his other site = C

your other site = D

A-->B (you link to him)
C-->D (he links to you)

if i could upload a pic, i'll show you how it should look like.
Last edited by camsites on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inkognito

Post by inkognito »

camsites wrote:yeah, not fully customized - meaning all links a guy offers will be sent to just 1 url of mine (i can't choose A-->B , C-->D , all trades will be A+B-->C).
sometimes i just want to use different anchor text for each link, but for now it is impossible.