The Fairness of a Trade

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

mona_eurorev

The Fairness of a Trade

Post by mona_eurorev »

I have 82 pages up for trade (actually, maybe less because some are hidden) and some people literally request a trade with almost everything single site (or let's say 30-40) and they only have 5 sites.

I feel bad denying the trade, but I also feel as though they're getting all different IPs, etc., and I only have five to choose from...

What do you guys do? I need to know the trade etiquette!!! :shock:
Relentless

Re: The Fairness of a Trade

Post by Relentless »

mona_eurorev wrote:I have 82 pages up for trade (actually, maybe less because some are hidden) and some people literally request a trade with almost everything single site (or let's say 30-40) and they only have 5 sites. I feel bad denying the trade, but I also feel as though they're getting all different IPs, etc., and I only have five to choose from... What do you guys do? I need to know the trade etiquette!!! :shock:
The solution is to trade with me instead... heh

Send me some requests Mona ;)
mona_eurorev

Post by mona_eurorev »

Relentless wrote:
mona_eurorev wrote:I have 82 pages up for trade (actually, maybe less because some are hidden) and some people literally request a trade with almost everything single site (or let's say 30-40) and they only have 5 sites. I feel bad denying the trade, but I also feel as though they're getting all different IPs, etc., and I only have five to choose from... What do you guys do? I need to know the trade etiquette!!! :shock:

Oh so true... I'm going to send you some more tomorrow! Too tired to sift right now, but expect some requests mañana!!! 8-)

I'm sure the same thing happens to you though... What do you do???
Relentless

Post by Relentless »

mona_eurorev wrote:
Relentless wrote:
Oh so true... I'm going to send you some more tomorrow! Too tired to sift right now, but expect some requests mañana!!! 8-)
I'm sure the same thing happens to you though... What do you do???
I decline the trade and send them a comment in the message box with my ICQ number telling them if they want to discuss a trade they should message me. That way if they arent idiots and have sites not yet listed on LS I can still make trades happen ;)
lauralace

Post by lauralace »

I insist on fair trades. If they have all PR0 sites, I insist on 1 for 1 trades. Higher PR I will allow for stacked trades, but otherwise not. I think you're well within your rights to decline if they don't want to be fair.
Make Money in mainstream! I have been doing so since 1994 and can teach you about the huge differences between mainstream and adult. Mainstream marketing
Relentless

Post by Relentless »

lauralace wrote:I insist on fair trades. If they have all PR0 sites, I insist on 1 for 1 trades. Higher PR I will allow for stacked trades, but otherwise not. I think you're well within your rights to decline if they don't want to be fair.
PR is the most overrated stat in seo. If all you look for is PR you are evaluating sites in a very simplistic way. It's a mistake many people make. I have PR0 sites that rank better for terms than many PR3 and PR4 sites. A PR0 thatis hand-written, consistently updated and intelligently hosted is a much better tradefor your sites than abandoned, spoofed or mechanically generated PR2.

Anyone with quality PR0s send me sone requests. I'm always looking for quality trades and PR is about 5th on my list of what's important when finding new trading partners.
lauralace

Post by lauralace »

Relentless wrote:
lauralace wrote:I insist on fair trades. If they have all PR0 sites, I insist on 1 for 1 trades. Higher PR I will allow for stacked trades, but otherwise not. I think you're well within your rights to decline if they don't want to be fair.
PR is the most overrated stat in seo. If all you look for is PR you are evaluating sites in a very simplistic way. It's a mistake many people make. I have PR0 sites that rank better for terms than many PR3 and PR4 sites. A PR0 thatis hand-written, consistently updated and intelligently hosted is a much better tradefor your sites than abandoned, spoofed or mechanically generated PR2.

Anyone with quality PR0s send me sone requests. I'm always looking for quality trades and PR is about 5th on my list of what's important when finding new trading partners.
I'd agree that PR certainly isn't everything but it is one of the factors I use to determine a quality site. Sites with only 1 or 2 pages, sites without much text, unfinished looking sites, etc. I don't care if they're PR5 I generally wont trade.

I look at amount of text, number of outlinks, TLD's, pages, update frequency, and PR pretty much in that order :)
Make Money in mainstream! I have been doing so since 1994 and can teach you about the huge differences between mainstream and adult. Mainstream marketing
DaCaptain

Post by DaCaptain »

I see no problem denying trades. They asked you, it's ok for you to politely say no...which is what denying is. Some folks just spam all of your sites, it's a little annoying. The phone sex folks, people looking for links to paysites, etc unless they have a relevant site to exchange links with, or you have phone sex sites, I'd deny them too.

What sites you link to are also important to the search engines. If you link to too many non-relevant sites, it could hurt your site as well.