Hey jdoughs

Run of the mill webmastery, if you've got questions, concerns, a vent that needs to be let off, feel free to post about it in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

BlackElf

Hey jdoughs

Post by BlackElf »

I have no idea if you got my message. Anyhow please hit me up (ICQ , email or PM here)

Thanks.
BlackElf

Re: Hey jdoughs

Post by BlackElf »

jdoughs - I tried to send you 3 different PM but they are all stuck in my outbox.
Please take the time to look at this.

Looking forward for your input :)
RickDiculous

Post by RickDiculous »

No one has heard from jdoughs in weeks.
BlackElf

Post by BlackElf »

I can see that :(
I hope he is doing well.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

Probably on a long but well deserved vacation.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

People that go on vacation don't neglect their good sites. I am now becoming afraid something bad has happened. I'd love to host his sites on one of my servers if he'd answer ICQ.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
MrSpock

Post by MrSpock »

Seems like Tradespun has been suspended - Wonder how long long it will before the same happens to linkspun.
Mindoro

Post by Mindoro »

MrSpock wrote:Seems like Tradespun has been suspended - Wonder how long long it will before the same happens to linkspun.
All his sites look like suspendet. Maybe somebody knows where the hosting of linkspun is. This could be not soo expensive. Maybe one of the other moderators...

Regards Mindoro
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

MrSpock wrote:Seems like Tradespun has been suspended - Wonder how long long it will before the same happens to linkspun.
It already did for Linkspun. But after a few hours it got back again.
3xpreview

Post by 3xpreview »

I've also experienced his sites has down. I sent him a message but I haven't got any reply yet. I hope he's doing well and didn't happen any bad.
spunar

Post by spunar »

vrocks wrote:People that go on vacation don't neglect their good sites. I am now becoming afraid something bad has happened. I'd love to host his sites on one of my servers if he'd answer ICQ.
Definitely. I also have available server space if needed.
spunar

Post by spunar »

What is the alternative if Linkspun disappears?

Perhaps we should have an ICQ thread or something. I for example don't have contact information on all the people I have trades with here on LS.
Rontagosh

Post by Rontagosh »

Backup your trades with a txt file or screenshots and get emails from all of your active traders (one by one) just in case.
willwank

Post by willwank »

So what does drocd say to all this? Do you (drocd) have a copy of all the code/the site? Could you migrate everything in case this goes south?
-= i seek you 437 654 594 =-
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

Hey guys, seriously, I'm getting all kinds of messages from people who tell me that trades will be dropped if LS is gone. OMG…. why did you not take care of your trades like most web masters do. LS is only here to FIND the trades, not to MANAGE them. If you are concerned about this then I'm really sorry to say, but that is YOUR fault, not LS and not JDough.

Seriously guys, take care of your trades and don't worry about LS. If LS is down then we find a different spot. I'm currently looking into a trader website but I'm not sure if I can pull that one off. I'm a developer, not so much an admin so I might need some support.

Let me be very clear, I will be very sad if LS disappears. I like the site and I like the admin. I have had the pleasure communicating with him personally and it seems a very nice guy. Hope everything is ok with him and/or his family.
willwank

Post by willwank »

CodeR70 wrote:Hey guys, seriously, I'm getting all kinds of messages from people who tell me that trades will be dropped if LS is gone. OMG…. why did you not take care of your trades like most web masters do. LS is only here to FIND the trades, not to MANAGE them. If you are concerned about this then I'm really sorry to say, but that is YOUR fault, not LS and not JDough.

Seriously guys, take care of your trades and don't worry about LS. If LS is down then we find a different spot. I'm currently looking into a trader website but I'm not sure if I can pull that one off. I'm a developer, not so much an admin so I might need some support.

Let me be very clear, I will be very sad if LS disappears. I like the site and I like the admin. I have had the pleasure communicating with him personally and it seems a very nice guy. Hope everything is ok with him and/or his family.
Second that. If you can't spend a few bucks on a tool/software to manage your links and strategies at least maintain a spreadsheet with the minimum info.

/tim
-= i seek you 437 654 594 =-
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

To be honest, I would miss this forum if it's gone. Sure there are other spots like GFY, but it can get a bit nasty there sometimes. At least if we keep our "hangout spot" like this one it would be good.
Leks911

Post by Leks911 »

Rontagosh wrote:Backup your trades with a txt file or screenshots and get emails from all of your active traders (one by one) just in case.

this is a good idea. I very much hope that jdoughs just on vacation. Now the same summer. I hope that the linkspun will be fine
RickDiculous

Post by RickDiculous »

I manage all my trades using LO and spreadsheets. too bad most webmaster don't make their contact info public in case of dropped trades.