Im New, please help setting up trades

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

sglen82

Im New, please help setting up trades

Post by sglen82 »

First of, would like to say hi.
Second, ive had a few trade request and have added the there link to my page. So not sure if im missing something but how do you confirm a trade. I can see deny trade, but for the life of me have no idea how to set the trade up.

:roll:

Please help, Thanks

Scott
blogstargirl

Re: Im New, please help setting up trades

Post by blogstargirl »

If you have added their link to your page, look for your trading partners to add your link to their pages. The text turns green when they add your link. Text is red if the link is not up. To confirm the link is up, click on the green check mark(s) on your links list. Or if you are on the page of a specific trade, click on Check Links in the lower left of the page.
redwhiteandblue

Post by redwhiteandblue »

When you get a trade request, first you have to decide what link you want in return. Click on "view trade" next to the request and choose a page you want a link from. Then in the drop down below, choose your page you want a link to, and the anchor text you want in the box below. Then hit submit.

If you don't see a page you want to get a link from you can deny the trade.

If the other member agrees, they will accept the trade and then it's ready to set up the links. Sometimes the trade will still be denied at this stage, if the link back you've chosen doesn't make sense to them.

You should get an email telling you the trade is ready for links, if you have this email option checked.

You can actually choose more than one page to get a link from in the "view trade" section. Just click on "add trade" for each one. You might do this if you think the link you are giving is much stronger than what they are offering in return. It's not worth doing this if they are all on the same IP though but now I'm talking advanced stuff so don't worry about it for now.
sglen82

Post by sglen82 »

Thanks, will give it a go
blogstargirl

Post by blogstargirl »

It will become intuitive to you as you go along :)