Link Trade Manager

Hard links and their relation to SEO, methods and techniques, and resources welcome in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

CodeR70

Link Trade Manager

Post by CodeR70 »

Hi All,

For some time now I have this idea of creating an online service which people can use to manage their links. As we all know, Linkspun is like a marketplace where you try to find and agree on link trades. But it does not include the actual link management facilities.

There are scripts available for this like LinkOrganizer and LinkEx (and probably more). These are scripts you need to install on your own host to manage your links. I use LinkOrganizer myself and it's a good tool for managing your links.

I was thinking more of an online service, where you can login to my website and you can manage your links there directly. Obviously this would require an API as well so you can embed the links into your websites. Such "export" can be generated then as XML, PHP serialized object, HTML Lists, etc.

In a most perfect world this service would linkup to Linkspun using a future implementation of the Linkspun API. In that way you would search and agree on link trades in Linkspun after which both systems would sync the data. Factually this means that the link will appear on your sites and that of your link partner automatically.

Anyway, just a thought. Would there be any interest for this? And if so, what specifics would you like to see for such online service? Would you wanna test such system.

If you don't want to respond here then feel free to drop me a line at [email protected]

Cheers,
CodeR70
spunar

Re: Link Trade Manager

Post by spunar »

The idea is ok I guess. But I would not personally use it, as I use a spreadsheet and Links Organizer to copy paste the trades. So unless Linkspun changes their layout completely so it wouldn't be possible anymore, I won't change from that, as I can add 10 trades in one minute and still have some hands on whats going on :)