link errors?

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

LipshtickLady

link errors?

Post by LipshtickLady »

I have four trades showing as link errors- link not found. I can see them on my site, others can see the links. But linkspun keeps showing as not found :(

(I use LO for all links- but I cant see that is causing this, never has been an issue?)
CodeR70

Re: link errors?

Post by CodeR70 »

If your trade partners are using LO as well then I would not worry too much about it. LO picks up existing links perfectly, even if Linkspun doesn't. Did you try to manually check Linkspun links (hitting the 'check links' button on those trades)?
webdanger

Post by webdanger »

Whats LO CodeR?
sharphead

Post by sharphead »

webdanger wrote:Whats LO CodeR?
Links Organizer

http://lo.cheapestwebsoftware.com/

Costs $99 right now. Definitely not free.
webdanger

Post by webdanger »

worth the money? does it do anything else besides backlink checks?
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

webdanger wrote:worth the money? does it do anything else besides backlink checks?
Well, it doesn't make you coffee ;)

But in terms of link trading and checking its basically all you need. AFAIK you can download a demo. Try it out and see for yourself.
LipshtickLady

Post by LipshtickLady »

CodeR70 wrote:If your trade partners are using LO as well then I would not worry too much about it. LO picks up existing links perfectly, even if Linkspun doesn't. Did you try to manually check Linkspun links (hitting the 'check links' button on those trades)?
yeah I have tried manually clicking linkspun, its just odd

each of these sites have other trades on them... just four random trades not being found

with one exception the traders have all kept links up

the other trader said "yes I can see your link" but took the my link down :(

to other poster - the best thing about LO is not just that it check the links are still up, but you place a code on your sites and then manage all the trades from there... you dont have to go into each site and add links
olexisomar

Post by olexisomar »

LO sound like Link Assistant it is the one I use. So far so good with it also it allow you to set proxy rotation so the majors SE doesn't block you while you choose to sniff your competitors backlinks. It is about the same price.
Olexis Omar
e-mail: [email protected]
Site: http://www.observe.com
LipshtickLady

Post by LipshtickLady »

olexisomar wrote:LO sound like Link Assistant it is the one I use. So far so good with it also it allow you to set proxy rotation so the majors SE doesn't block you while you choose to sniff your competitors backlinks. It is about the same price.
not the same at all

LO is a script to track link trades and manage the links on your sites
Link Asst -is program that aggregates data from various sites and reports back to you (like pagerank or inbound links)
olexisomar

Post by olexisomar »

LipshtickLady wrote:Link Asst -is program that aggregates data from various sites and reports back to you (like pagerank or inbound links)
You are talking about the SEO Spyglass Link assistant also allow you to track the trades and has more features like build html pages and build the link structure on it. It is not only a report tool ;)
Olexis Omar
olexisomar

Post by olexisomar »

Here is an snapshot of LA as you can see it does more than you said. :)
Olexis Omar