Choose A Specific Backlink When Requesting A Trade?

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

Maccsta

Choose A Specific Backlink When Requesting A Trade?

Post by Maccsta »

Maybe I’m missing something but is there any way to choose the exact backlink you want to give back when you request a trade?

At the moment you can only choose which sites you will gives links back on by PR.

Be great feature to add in.
inkognito

Re: Choose A Specific Backlink When Requesting A Trade?

Post by inkognito »

You can leave address with comment and if trader choose anything else for return you can decide to deny or accept trade.

Sometimes trader can use other address for his backlink than you mean, but that can be acceptable for both.
Maccsta

Post by Maccsta »

inkognito wrote:You can leave address with comment and if trader choose anything else for return you can decide to deny or accept trade.

Sometimes trader can use other address for his backlink than you mean, but that can be acceptable for both.
Hey inkognito. Yeah that's what I was planning to do, but it would be good to see it built into the trade system.
inkognito

Post by inkognito »

On this way you have much more choice.
Maccsta

Post by Maccsta »

Well I'm not saying get rid of the message system when requesting a trade, just to add the feature to specify the backlink you are willing to give back.

That would save having to add a message each time.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

I usually deny these kinds of trades since I might be looking for a backlink into my new anal site and you decide to offer me a link from a softcore babe site.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
alessandro

Post by alessandro »

I was looking for a feature like this as well. Also, maybe be able to select yourself several sites from your own portofolio destined for the other webmaster to choose from when requesting a trade. For certain sites, I want to make sure I'll link out to certain niche, while some guys request links to totally different niches.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

I don't think that there is a big issue to add this, and we've talked about it before on here. My main point I always try to make in this discussion is seasoned traders, will DENY most trades you send this way.

As VRocks says above, he usually deletes these types of trades in other systems. And so do I, I log in, check my requests, and delete ALL trades where the other webmaster has specified his links.

Why do I do this? Because historically every one of those trades has been ridiculous, or something I'm just not interested in.

Just some food for thought, you won't get more trades this way.
ImageImage
redwhiteandblue

Post by redwhiteandblue »

On the other hand, quite often less experienced traders will request a link back to the site I am requesting a link from, turning what I wanted to be an ABCD trade into an ABC one. The problem being that I have sites on different servers linked in certain ways, so adding an ABC trade often would upset the link structure I have. So I have to then deny the trade, even though I was the one who initiated it.

Perhaps an option to prevent the other trader from requesting a link from or to either of the sites in the initial request would be useful? Or, perhaps have your sites allocated to groups which you set up, and then can offer the other trader only the sites in a certain group to link from?
Relentless

Post by Relentless »

redwhiteandblue wrote:On the other hand, quite often less experienced traders will request a link back to the site I am requesting a link from, turning what I wanted to be an ABCD trade into an ABC one. The problem being that I have sites on different servers linked in certain ways, so adding an ABC trade often would upset the link structure I have. So I have to then deny the trade, even though I was the one who initiated it. Perhaps an option to prevent the other trader from requesting a link from or to either of the sites in the initial request would be useful? Or, perhaps have your sites allocated to groups which you set up, and then can offer the other trader only the sites in a certain group to link from?
The best option may well be to just get them on ICQ and tell them what you want.
I've done that with several people on LS and it has worked out very well.
cyberdog

Post by cyberdog »

I am for this option too.
venril

Post by venril »

That would be a great feature to offer them a list of sites rather than just one site. For example, when I ask a link from their subfolder/subdomain site, I'd like to also offer them similar sites.

A good trader would always offer more than just one site in fear of possible rejection.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

venril wrote:That would be a great feature to offer them a list of sites rather than just one site. For example, when I ask a link from their subfolder/subdomain site, I'd like to also offer them similar sites.

A good trader would always offer more than just one site in fear of possible rejection.

Good thinking, this would be much more effective then just attempting to offer 1 site in return (which are high % denials).
ImageImage