Block check box next to deny button

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

vrocks

Block check box next to deny button

Post by vrocks »

What if there were a checkbox next to the deny button for blocking users?

So on trades request page picture a check box next to the deny button and if checked anybody you just selected to deny will also be blocked. And... any pending requests they have with you will also be set to deny so you don't have to search for and delete them all. They just go the fuck away...

Anybody like that idea? Dislike the idea?
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
inkognito

Re: Block check box next to deny button

Post by inkognito »

Im OK with this. I don't like to block anyone, but in last few weeks a lot of new users have only and only shity webcam/subdomain/linkfarm/no content.. sites. Maybe is time for me to start using block button. :)
pimpmysite

Post by pimpmysite »

i'm not sure if it is really necessary...

i would not block the user without seeing what he/she offering in return...

if you're really annoyed by the user or don't want to trade with him/her anymore, blocking him/her and removing his/her requests doesn't take more than 15-20 sec in the current system...
wraith

Post by wraith »

I lean towards "not necessary". Before blocking, I check to see if they have any potential, or if we had trades set up in the past before they started becoming incredibly annoying. The checkbox makes it easier, yeah, but also easier to act impulsively while aggravated, and potentially blocking someone you had decent trades with in the past. (or potential future trades)
wraith

Post by wraith »

After requests I had waiting for me this morning, I'd like to change my opinion above to "yes! yes! OMG YES!!!!!!" :shock:

I can only assume that some just throw out insane requests hoping you're so desperate for trades that you won't actually check the site they want you to link to. :roll:
Hincapie

Post by Hincapie »

I dont think ive blocked all that many users - and tend to prefer not to, in case they get some goodies I´d like links from ... in either case its plenty easy for me to block as it is.
greenguy

Post by greenguy »

Sure - why not :)
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

wraith wrote:After requests I had waiting for me this morning, I'd like to change my opinion above to "yes! yes! OMG YES!!!!!!" :shock:

I can only assume that some just throw out insane requests hoping you're so desperate for trades that you won't actually check the site they want you to link to. :roll:
Haha... lately to discourage people from asking for tons of links from me I have been making insane requests...

You ask me for PR1 link from blog with about 120 outbound links.
I ask you for PR2 and PR0 stacked back from blogs with hand written posts and 40 outbound links.

Some people actually say yes... others send me hate mail...lol
wraith

Post by wraith »

vrocks wrote: Haha... lately to discourage people from asking for tons of links from me I have been making insane requests...

I ask you for PR2 and PR0 stacked back from blogs with hand written posts and 40 outbound links.

I think I'll start doing that. Hate mail amuses me. :p

But then if they accept, I'd be stuck linking to a blog that has ONE (!!!) post with a couple thumbs thrown in, absolutely no text whatsoever, nothing in the sidebars at all, the "sample page" still in menu up top...
and wanting me to link to it from a PR1 handwritten site and around 25 outgoing links. (no exaggeration - that's what I was asked to link to -- and they had the balls
to limit me to a PR1 in return on top of that :lol: )

I responded with a "You're joking, right?"

I haven't gotten a response. He no love me. *sniff* :cry:
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

wraith wrote:
vrocks wrote: Haha... lately to discourage people from asking for tons of links from me I have been making insane requests...

I think I'll start doing that. Hate mail amuses me. :p

But then if they accept, I'd be stuck linking to a blog that has ONE (!!!) post with a couple thumbs thrown in, absolutely no text whatsoever, nothing in the sidebars at all, the "sample page" still in menu up top...
and wanting me to link to it from a PR1 handwritten site and around 25 outgoing links. (no exaggeration - that's what I was asked to link to -- and they had the balls
to limit me to a PR1 in return on top of that :lol: )

I responded with a "You're joking, right?"

I haven't gotten a response. He no love me. *sniff* :cry:
Oh, shit! That was you? :oops:
wraith

Post by wraith »

vrocks wrote: Oh, shit! That was you? :oops:
:lol:

If that were true, I'd have to request a block button be put right here ----->(x)<-----
(I'm lazy)
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

i think the why it is its best, nothing need to change here.