Malware on sites... and CSS issues

Run of the mill webmastery, if you've got questions, concerns, a vent that needs to be let off, feel free to post about it in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

vrocks

Malware on sites... and CSS issues

Post by vrocks »

Malware On Sites
-----------------
I have been getting lots of reports of malware on pages here at LinkSpun.com. Keep the reports coming and make sure to include the tradeID or pageID and/or userID of those with problems...

The increase in malware is due to a particularly nasty exploit that has been going around that can attack a multitude of CMS systems and even more generic hacks on the fly. It has attacked and compromised some of the largest tubes, tgp's, blogs and other types of sites out there.

Often the report includes something to the effect of: I can't trust this users trades. I think he is a scammer!

Often the user doesn't know they have a problem until you tell them they do. Most people here are doing this as a hobby on the weekends. Others have networks with thousands of sites. If only 50 of them have a problem they might not even know!

So report, but reserve your emotions on the user with the problem.

CSS Issues
-----------
You might have noticed some CSS issues lately. These were do to an ad that had an extra div tag. Once the cache clears in a few minutes these should go away. Let me know if they still affect you and what ad was showing when it happened.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!