Some suggestions

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

webdanger

Some suggestions

Post by webdanger »

I have a few suggestions to make linkspun better, tell me what you think and if it can be implemented easily.

1. A different category for german sites or german only trade partners, i am sick of searching for trades and read a lot of descriptions where german people only trade with german sites, if that is the case they should be separated somehow by the rest of us. It is a problem because there are so many that i block at least 5 users each time i search for trades.

2. On the active page list while searching for a website i would like to have the option to look for a domain name for example and have the option to display only the results where the domain is linking to or linking from, i've needed this option many times to see what links i have on my domains, i think its easy to implement and might be useful for others too.

3. It is increasingly annoying to browse the find trades page and find a user that has their websites spread of 4-5 pages, and most of them are subdomains and FH sites, is it possible to limit it somehow and leaving the root domains only? It can be healpful to the search function as well, show root domains excluding FH and subdomains.

Things that i find useful, i want too hear if you guys think its helpful or not.
gonor33

Re: Some suggestions

Post by gonor33 »

Agree
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

Will look into all of that...

As for people with massive subdomain stuff... You can hold down ctrl key and click their name. It opens their profile into a new tab. Block them, then reload the original page.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
webdanger

Post by webdanger »

Isn't it annoying? I do that now but i hope there is a better solution for this one, i don't know which one but i bet you know VRocks, it doesn't have to be out of hand.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

Wondering about if you click on a name it gives a menu like clicking a name on a board like GFY does. Then it can ask you right there,

View Profile and Sites
Send User PM (forum)
Block User
Favorite User
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

vrocks wrote:Wondering about if you click on a name it gives a menu like clicking a name on a board like GFY does. Then it can ask you right there,

View Profile and Sites
Send User PM (forum)
Block User
Favorite User
this is great, just problem that there are users that have domains and subdomains as i do.

so filtering domains and subdomains in serch results is a must and better way then blocking potential trades.

As for German users linkspun should check by IP of users if they are German or something to select German trades English or Spanish or whatever.

Or if users would like to trade with English sites but he has German ones, it should be ability to blog specific sites no users.

as i realized that i don't want to get any more trades from that site with this drop list i would be able to hide this domain.