Question about inactive members.

Run of the mill webmastery, if you've got questions, concerns, a vent that needs to be let off, feel free to post about it in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

grangonzo

Question about inactive members.

Post by grangonzo »

Hello, searching for trades i couldn't help but to notice lots, and really mean lots of inactive members.

Kinda like too many...

And i have a question about this. Does a member get a heads up email when his/her account changes status to inactive?

And if so, do they keep getting a reminder weekly or every 10 days, some like that?

In case they don't, that could be a very nice feature, a way to keep activity up on linkspun.

Just a thought...
vrocks

Re: Question about inactive members.

Post by vrocks »

When a member has been inactive for 60 days they are set to hidden. You won't see them or their sites in the search results. They are not notified. We don't want sort of, kind of, somewhat active people coming in every quarter. But if they do they are certainly welcome to do some trading and then go into hibernation. We just don't want to promote that kind of inactivity. Most inactive members do not want Emails from us. I often get complaints from them if they get Emails for trade drops, etc... Better to just let the sleeping dogs lie.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!