Great Job + A Suggestion...

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

whitey

Great Job + A Suggestion...

Post by whitey »

JD..

Great job on this site. It really is well thought out.

It has taken me some time to use it because of other projects I had going. I am starting to use the site now and have one suggestion thus far..

I would like to have the ability to suggest the reciprocal link page. This would allow more specific link building strategies. I am aware that people misuse this feature at Thunder Ball, but I like to match similar type inbound and outbound link values (for example equalizing outbound links on the site I am requesting the link from compared to the recip I am offering amongst other things).

Anyway, that is it for now. I am sure I will have additional feedback as I use the site more.

BTW, having a forum that is usable is great!!
jdoughs
Site Admin

Re: Great Job + A Suggestion...

Post by jdoughs »

whitey wrote:JD..

Great job on this site. It really is well thought out.

It has taken me some time to use it because of other projects I had going. I am starting to use the site now and have one suggestion thus far..

I would like to have the ability to suggest the reciprocal link page. This would allow more specific link building strategies. I am aware that people misuse this feature at Thunder Ball, but I like to match similar type inbound and outbound link values (for example equalizing outbound links on the site I am requesting the link from compared to the recip I am offering amongst other things).

Anyway, that is it for now. I am sure I will have additional feedback as I use the site more.

BTW, having a forum that is usable is great!!

Thanks for the kind words. The thought out part was mine but the execution of it was all Drocd and his coding skills. :)

I understand what you are saying, and just to clarify. You'd like to be able to select the recip link when you request a trade. So instead of the other user picking where to get the recip, they receive the request, and have the recip site listed.

So I would send you a request, for a link from A, to my B, and then show you the C site you get a link on and you chose the D.
ImageImage
inkognito

Post by inkognito »

I think it is better to live it with comment box for now.

If you would like to choose a recip, you can leave a comment that you will accept trade only if he choose a link from comment.

So if he/she don't use that site, you can simply decline/remove trade.

This is a better way, you can offer few domains of same value (if you have) in message so other side can select witch one is the best for himself. Opportunity for linktrade is much better.

-- But if you make a recip field, maybe you can consider to have option to change recip and send back to first trader to review.

Inkognito
whitey

Post by whitey »

inkognito wrote:I think it is better to live it with comment box for now.

If you would like to choose a recip, you can leave a comment that you will accept trade only if he choose a link from comment.

This is a better way, you can offer few domains of same value (if you have) in message so other side can select witch one is the best for himself. Opportunity for linktrade is much better.

-- But if you make a recip field, maybe you can consider to have option to change recip and send back to first trader to review.

Inkognito

I had not thought of doing it that way.

Now that you mention it, I think that is the best way to do it.

Thanks Inkognito.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

whitey wrote:

Inkognito

Thanks Inkognito.

This does work, but one thing I have to add. I had a trade today that I was adding links to and noticed that the comment said "A-B please". And I was in the process of adding links for a ABCD, but hadnt seen the comment til after.

So what im thinking is, IF there is a comment on a trade, that comment should show UP TOP of the View Trade page.

This way its always noticed and responded to, or followed. At least we can know that the receiver saw the comment.
ImageImage
Relentless

Post by Relentless »

Agree completely.
The comments are one of the most important and least 'focused' parts of the site.
Making the comments the main focus and the links more like 'attachments' would make trading much more effective because it would help build a sense of community.

Instead of a random singular trade you can put people together who can do massive trade combinations :)
jdoughs wrote:
whitey wrote:

Inkognito

Thanks Inkognito.

This does work, but one thing I have to add. I had a trade today that I was adding links to and noticed that the comment said "A-B please". And I was in the process of adding links for a ABCD, but hadnt seen the comment til after.

So what im thinking is, IF there is a comment on a trade, that comment should show UP TOP of the View Trade page.

This way its always noticed and responded to, or followed. At least we can know that the receiver saw the comment.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

Damnit!

You figured out the multiquote before I did!
ImageImage
Relentless

Post by Relentless »

jdoughs wrote:Damnit!
You figured out the multiquote before I did!
www.enginefood.com for all of your text needs... including your forum posts Jdoughs! lol