Should I be worried about this?

Hard links and their relation to SEO, methods and techniques, and resources welcome in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

major48

Should I be worried about this?

Post by major48 »

Ok so I used a RSS feed from a sponsor and check some of the links in the text to make sure my affiliate code was in them and I noticed that the sponser had put some of their own backlinks in the text without my affiliate code. For example there is a link for "topless soccer" and it goes to a site not even in their affiliate program and it has a affiliate code in it that is not mine. Now I only saw that in one of the blog posts. In most of the other blog posts the images would have my correct affiliate codes but on just a couple of the text links there would be no affiliate codes at all and it would link to the main blog that the feed came from. As if they were just doing some SEO for the blog. So should I be worried about this affiliate or is this a normal practice? I will give them credit though because they are pretty good blog posts.
Hincapie

Re: Should I be worried about this?

Post by Hincapie »

Hmmm, I wouldnt worry, but Ive never seen it either - I would ask them for clean feed.

Its a bit hard to comprehend why other links would be inserted into the feed, having an uncontrollable number of near identical links on splogs doesnt sound like a great move forward for them, but of course there may be some strategy behind it - not one you should be forced to carry out though.
major48

Post by major48 »

Hincapie wrote:Hmmm, I wouldnt worry, but Ive never seen it either - I would ask them for clean feed.

Its a bit hard to comprehend why other links would be inserted into the feed, having an uncontrollable number of near identical links on splogs doesnt sound like a great move forward for them, but of course there may be some strategy behind it - not one you should be forced to carry out though.
Well what I do is use the RSS feed just to fill the new blog. I then later on add my own handwritten posts.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

So you tell Google it is a splog, then you try to tell them it isn't?

I wouldn't use a sponsor feed with that kind of crap going on.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!