Ban users that drop trades with warning

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

sabyc200

Ban users that drop trades with warning

Post by sabyc200 »

I would like to propose to ban users that drop trades without warning or without even sending a message. I the last few weeks all did was clear trades that were dropped without any warning. To a few users I've sent messages but never got an answer back. These kind of webmasters should not be on this site...
major48

Re: Ban users that drop trades with warning

Post by major48 »

Everybody is dropping trades because of the changes in Google. I was mad at first also but it's something that has to be done. That's why I dropped a bunch over the weekend and I am changing to contextual links. If they banned everyone who dropped trades there would be nobody here and it takes too long to message every person you dropped a trade with that's why you just change your status
webdanger

Post by webdanger »

What he said
Hincapie

Post by Hincapie »

Its true ... alot of the sitewides, "keyword" in random blogroll, footer, irrelevant placement etc links just have to go, it was dumb to take those link in the first place and itd be even dumber to keep them now ... I try and message/comment each time but actually the biggest problem seems to be getting people to actually remove them.
3xpreview

Post by 3xpreview »

A year ago a dropped half of my trades because they've become worthless, lost PR, weren't updated, etc... In the past few months I dropped more hundreds of trades which were crappy. I experienced that the more crappy links cause the more traffic lost from Google on my old sites. The newer sites got much more traffic from search engines than the old ones so I decided to reduce the amount of trades and keep only the good quality ones.
Unfortunately almost the 95% of the users here offer shitty sites to trade and request totally irrelevant and crappy trades. Yeah, those are the "link-sites", not the "money-sites". It's clear now, there is no point to gather a lot of links from these or even keep them.
I'm not surprised that a lot of users quit LS but without warning it's not fair.
sabyc200

Post by sabyc200 »

Again, I'm not talking about the wm's who drop trades because of G. changes, that is perfectly normal.

What is not normal is the fact that they do it without warning or at least put something like "Dropping trades" in the description segment in your profile.

I just see trades dropped, send messages and get no answer. is it so hard to answer or say that you are dropping trades?
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

Out them here and I will look into it and message them from the admin account if it is something fishy.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
sabyc200

Post by sabyc200 »

For example this webmaster http://www.linkspun.com/profile.php?profileID=887 I saw dropped trades without any particular reasons and without any notice .
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

sabyc200 wrote:For example this webmaster http://www.linkspun.com/profile.php?profileID=887 I saw dropped trades without any particular reasons and without any notice .
Seeing the same. Banned him. Will see what his reasoning is. If it ain't stellar I will keep it that way.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!