New Features Sept 2010 Bug Thread.

Minor and major release and bug fixes requests will be discussed in here. If something just don't work right, or feel right, fire away. We are listening.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

jdoughs
Site Admin

New Features Sept 2010 Bug Thread.

Post by jdoughs »

Hey everyone, there will be a few changes and feature updates being added over the next couple days, if you experience any problems or see any bugs, head to this thread and let us know please.

Thanks for the patience, continued usage, and support.
ImageImage
RickDiculous

Re: New Features Sept 2010 Bug Thread.

Post by RickDiculous »

Keep up the good work!!
darksoul

Post by darksoul »

Alright.
I see you split the setup section in two, I'm guessing to highlight which links you need to add
and which you need to wait for the other party to add.
I have 4 links in setup state they all have the same characteristics (i.e. the other party was the one requesting them, thous the last one approving them and need to act first) but two of them show in the first category. So I'm asking, why the difference ?

edit: nevermind, I saw they are the same links in both categories.
redwhiteandblue

Post by redwhiteandblue »

Yeah I have the same, a trade showing as for me to set up now and also as waiting for the other partner to set up.
darksoul

Post by darksoul »

it would probably be a good idea if the link was found only in one of those categories.
Someone was complaining that he doesn't know which links he requested and what links were requested by the partner,
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

darksoul wrote:it would probably be a good idea if the link was found only in one of those categories.
Someone was complaining that he doesn't know which links he requested and what links were requested by the partner,
Fixed.
ImageImage
darksoul

Post by darksoul »

jdoughs wrote:
darksoul wrote:it would probably be a good idea if the link was found only in one of those categories.
Fixed.
not exactly.
One link that was requested and last accepted by the partner shows that I need to add the link first
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

darksoul wrote:
jdoughs wrote:
Fixed.
not exactly.
One link that was requested and last accepted by the partner shows that I need to add the link first
If both parties need to add links it shows in both parties top list as they both need to add it, at that point who requested isn't considered, only that links have been agreed to be added. Soon as you add the link, it moves out of your top but it still shows up below so you can see it, the other user has it in his top half and must add as well.

Basically it's considering everything equal at the point of adding links, BOTH parties are expected to add them when in the top section.
ImageImage
darksoul

Post by darksoul »

oh! got it. thanks
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

the thing that shows trades with site is buggy because if there is more then few and it does not fit on screen you can't see it, if its button of page you also can't see it....
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

123anddone wrote:the thing that shows trades with site is buggy because if there is more then few and it does not fit on screen you can't see it, if its button of page you also can't see it....

Can you post an example, I look at some trades I have with you that are 3-4 thick and they display just fine for me.

What browser, what pages is it showing wrong on.
ImageImage
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

here is bottom i was not able to make SS of top with big list because you are doing something on that.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

Yep working on setting it to show properly on the bottom right now, will be a few minutes.

We just set this up a few days ago, and first time it's been mentioned was this morning.
ImageImage
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

i saw same as it was added, just tool longer to post here :)
diablom

Post by diablom »

ADD To request buttons do not work today.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

diablom wrote:ADD To request buttons do not work today.

We did update many of the .js files that run all the that. I was notified last night it wasn't working but that user just had to HARD REFRESH (CTRL F5) to get it proper, your browser is probably trying to use the cached js files.
ImageImage
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

http://www.linkspun.com/trade_view.php?tradeID=75988

looks like spider can't find anchors with "&"
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

123anddone wrote:http://www.linkspun.com/trade_view.php?tradeID=75988

looks like spider can't find anchors with "&"

Spider sees it just fine. But the other user requested his anchor as &, not just &, so the spider was looking for exactly what the user added (which was not what was on your page).

I edited his anchor to remove the amp;, not sure why he would request 'anchor text' with an ampersand fix in it but either way it's fine now.
ImageImage
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

quick urls are sometimes weary slowwww.

and the one that i told you before:

also

jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

That's strange, all the tooltips for existing trades pop up centered for me in my FF browser (as they should), I'm not sure why it's like that for you, I'll see what I can figure.

The QuickUrls being slow may be because the sheer number of them you've used, the intent was that you could use 5-6 of your most used url's and 5-6 keywords for them. With 12-15 urls and 5-6 keyterms for each your asking for more info. I'm not sure if that's why they may be slow for you. I was going to limit the QuickURLs to 6-8 domains, and keyterms to 8-10 and I may still do that.

I did fix the miniprofiles so that the longer names will fit as well.
ImageImage
redwhiteandblue

Post by redwhiteandblue »

jdoughs wrote:That's strange, all the tooltips for existing trades pop up centered for me in my FF browser (as they should), I'm not sure why it's like that for you, I'll see what I can figure.
I get that as well, not always, just on some. Using Firefox 3.6.1
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

jdoughs wrote:That's strange, all the tooltips for existing trades pop up centered for me in my FF browser (as they should), I'm not sure why it's like that for you, I'll see what I can figure.

The QuickUrls being slow may be because the sheer number of them you've used, the intent was that you could use 5-6 of your most used url's and 5-6 keywords for them. With 12-15 urls and 5-6 keyterms for each your asking for more info. I'm not sure if that's why they may be slow for you. I was going to limit the QuickURLs to 6-8 domains, and keyterms to 8-10 and I may still do that.

I did fix the miniprofiles so that the longer names will fit as well.
don't limit quick urls because it best tool that help faster to work on trades. and requests.