Thumblogger again!

Minor and major release and bug fixes requests will be discussed in here. If something just don't work right, or feel right, fire away. We are listening.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

alexweb

Thumblogger again!

Post by alexweb »

It`s Thumblogger again I suppose. Links cannot be found but they exist. Can you do something about it? Thank`s.
vrocks

Re: Thumblogger again!

Post by vrocks »

Perhaps if url =~ 'thumblogger' { user_agent= a real user agent and not your bots info }
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
drocd
Site Admin

Post by drocd »

vrocks wrote:Perhaps if url =~ 'thumblogger' { user_agent= a real user agent and not your bots info }
I appreciate the tip, but that's not the problem. ;)
Linkspun - developer
icq 230-699
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

It's due to the increased spider activity, he was banning us every 4-5 days, now he is banning us daily.

As soon as I see it I go through and manually confirm them so they arent seen, but now that it is happening daily people see them down before I can get them.

It's our IP he bans, and its automatically as it see's the spider as a possible scraper. I did remove the ban when you made the post, and did so again about an hour ago.

Looks like we are lasting about 18 hrs in between bans..lol

I have filled in his forms for the permanent whitelist, but have not get an answer, and cannot submit again cause I'm already in 'que' to be dealt with.

Thumblogger has a board too, and this is an issue with his site not our spider, I will continue to try to get it whitelisted but so far efforts have been hopeless. Maybe we need more people who do use his services to email him, post on his board, ask why we can't get whitelisted.

Just do it nicely! lol
ImageImage
alexweb

Post by alexweb »

I have already posted on Twan`s forum regarding same problem with some other sites but with no reply. Last couple of months he hardly answers on his board. I will bump my post, mention your site and will we see if anything happens.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

alexweb wrote:I have already posted on Twan`s forum regarding same problem with some other sites but with no reply. Last couple of months he hardly answers on his board. I will bump my post, mention your site and will we see if anything happens.
Yeah I think he is missing in action right now. lol
ImageImage