Quick question about trade errors

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

anexsia

Quick question about trade errors

Post by anexsia »

I've noticed the past few days I'm getting a lot of trades that show up as errors/link not found but when I visit their site the link is definitely there. I have some of my own sites showing as link not found but the links are up on my end as well. Sometimes if I click the "Check Links" button enough times it works and shows up again. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's no biggie, was just wondering.
LipshtickLady

Re: Quick question about trade errors

Post by LipshtickLady »

I see this sometimes, usually I catch the link error on LO, then click on linkspun and the link errors here. Then a few hours later its back. Its most often with sites with thumb scripts... I think it might have something to do with caching, but not sure how?
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

I made an adjustment a few days ago that effectively cut the timeout down to 10 seconds. That is far too low for virtual hosts and I too noticed a ton of errors popping up. So I moved it to 40 seconds to see how it does there. I made the switch because the way the bot was trying to catch timeouts wasn't effective and so it took 120 seconds. If there are 50 sites that are down that can slow a bot that normally does 100 checks in a few minutes all the way down to 100 checks in a few hours.

Even still though... There are some really slow VPS hosted pages that take upwards of 40 seconds just to serve the HTML on the index page. That is ridiculous and the owner of the page should take these additional errors as a big heads up to switch their hosting provider/setup.

No surfer is going to wait that long just for the HTML to load!
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
LipshtickLady

Post by LipshtickLady »

VRock

Anexsia and I are having trouble with this trade
http://www.linkspun.com/trade_view.php?tradeID=855995

it is not because its timing out - site loads fine it seems

I use LO and neither LO nor linkspun can see the my link on Anexsia's site. Though physically we can see it. I think that if LO cant see it, then google cant see it...

your help/suggestions would be appreciated
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

seems you guys fixed it?
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
anexsia

Post by anexsia »

vrocks wrote:seems you guys fixed it?
Hopefully lol. It was so weird, I have about 15 or so trades on that site and this was the only trade that would keep repeatedly giving an error. I took out all the Juicy Ad widgets and put the link up twice on the page...I just couldn't narrow the problem down.