Hidden due to inactivity

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

vrocks

Hidden due to inactivity

Post by vrocks »

I would like to open a discussion on user profiles being hidden due to inactivity.

When you fail to login for more than 30 days your profile gets set to hidden. This is to prevent others from asking for trades and spending lots of time working on trades with people that are no longer active here at LinkSpun.

I am thinking of moving this to 60 days since 30 seems a bit restrictive. I know of a few people that would prefer to not get new trades and don't want their hidden status changed. They like the trades they have made a year ago. They still want to use LinkSpun to keep tabs on those trades, but they don't want to come in here more than every other month or three months. And they don't want to come in and be bombarded with trade requests.

What are your thoughts on this subject?
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
webmasterx

Re: Hidden due to inactivity

Post by webmasterx »

imo this saves making pointless requests so is a great idea.
HowlingWulf

Post by HowlingWulf »

The Find Trades already lists results with a Last Logged In date, so I just don't make any requests to someone who hasn't logged in recently anyway.
Submit to OMG Sex Blogs!
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

What IF: Instead of stopping you from seeing the user, you instead get a popup alert letting you know this user has been inactive since (date) and there is a high chance they will not respond to trade requests and/or will take a large amount of time to do so.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
wind4me

Post by wind4me »

vrocks wrote:I know of a few people that would prefer to not get new trades and don't want their hidden status changed. They like the trades they have made a year ago. They still want to use LinkSpun to keep tabs on those trades, but they don't want to come in here more than every other month or three months. And they don't want to come in and be bombarded with trade requests.
They can simply go to their profile and hide all their links..

As for 60 days rule I agree, definitely makes sense. If someone did not login for that long chances are you won't get much response from him, hence no point to waste your time requesting.
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

check box in account setting to get hidden, you are hided but you can manage trades you have deal with requests and so on, or make requests but other cant request links from you, you are hidden from trades search.

or just a check box hide me from trades search,

so you have that 30 days as inactivity or users manually decides to be hidden.