How do you accept a trade?

Run of the mill webmastery, if you've got questions, concerns, a vent that needs to be let off, feel free to post about it in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

freemarket

How do you accept a trade?

Post by freemarket »

Can somebody please explain how to accept a trade that has been proposed to you? Obviously everybody else using Linkspun is much smarter than me :D because I can't figure it out.

But seriously, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
vrocks

Re: How do you accept a trade?

Post by vrocks »

It would depend... Are you talking about on the request side of things or you made the request and now you are on the pending your approval side of things.

If someone requested a trade you click on view trade and you should see a listing of their sites.

You select the site(s) you want a link back from with Add To Request and then at the bottom you select from the drop down menu what site you want them to link into. Next you fill in the anchor text you want them to link to you with.

Now hit Submit.

Approval is even easier... You just approve or deny what they sent to you. You can also leave them a comment to switch things up. Like if you asked for a PR0 trade from them and they asked for PR3 back from you. You might leave them a comment to be more realistic. Or just deny it figuring the guy is a shithead.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
freemarket

Post by freemarket »

Thank you for the helpful reply. I have figured how to propose a basic trade and also how to accept one. It threw me that so many proposed trades don't even include the site being proposed. Anyways, I think understand the basics.

What I still can't figure out and would appreciate help on is proposing a trade with one site as the site I am linking from and different site of mine that is being linked to. If another site links to site A of mine, I will give them a link from site B of mine. Is that possible?

Thanks again for the help. This is a great community!
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

You cannot specify their link back from site.

You can hide your sites you do not want to give links from.

They will choose the site they want a link from that way they can do something like:

They want a link into their teen hardcore site. They look at your sites and find a teen hardcore site to link into their site from. They make that choice.

Otherwise you might be offering them a MILF link and they don't want one.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!