I can't find how to request an a >> b >> c link exchange

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

mrplough

I can't find how to request an a >> b >> c link exchange

Post by mrplough »

Hi John / drocd / everyone,

We all know reciprocal links aren't so good as one way links, so a >> b >> c links are preferable. Is it possible under the current system to set these up, or do we just use the comments field now for special requests?

Ideally there would be an option to chose the "link back from site" in a pull down menu on the request trade screen, rather than just assume it's going to be a straight recip.

For example, I'd like people to link to www.worlddatinggroup.com, and they get a link from one of 50 other sites I'll be adding (www.adultdatehub.com for example - some will have PR, some not, for what little that matters). I do not wish to link back from worlddatinggroup.com.

Perhaps I've missed something in the setup somewhere.

Please let me know.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Re: I can't find how to request an a >> b >> c link exchange

Post by jdoughs »

I would say the preferred method is A-B-C-D. But linkspun supports every type of trade including an A-Z (if you had the gumption to do such).

If you want to generate links to domain.com and don't want links requested on that site, simply set that domain to 'hidden' and it won't be available for any requests, but you still may get inbound links pointed at it. This leaves your 'other 50 or so' domains up for users and trade partners to request and return link requests with.

If you want to limit trades to A-B-C, when you request a link, you will have to notify the other party how you would like to link back. We've discussed the ability to manually select the site you will offer links on, but as the post on this forum confirms, most active traders will deny any such trades, I do. I want to pick my link, I know what niche I want, and know what I'm looking for, if you have 50ish feeder sites that you are using to trade with and offer me a link on one, the odds of acceptance are much lower then if I looked through your available ones.

Check this post out here.

It goes into some tips and maybe a little better explanation. If you want to get me on ICQ I will go through and do a trade or two with you. The system is real simple, but can be used several different ways and the learning curve is very short.

My icq if you need - 464 281 250
ImageImage
mrplough

Post by mrplough »

Excellent, thanks John. I hadn't seen the hide option - it's not too clear for a linkspun noob to know how the process works.

Yes, a >> b >> c >> d is even better.

I'd better read up on the system first before subbing any more sites.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

Basically WE ALL Prefer ABC or AB CD trades. I have to laugh at some people though...

I have this one guy in particular who keeps asking for this:

You give me:

site1 -> link1
site2 -> link1
site3 -> link1
site4 -> link1
site5 -> link1
site6 -> link1
site7 -> link1
site8 -> link1
site9 -> link1
site10 -> link1
site11 -> link1
site12 -> link1
site13 -> link1
site14 -> link1

But... You can only request from me:
site1 ->
site2 ->
site3 ->
or
site4 ->

have a nice day...

Mind you all of my sites are on their own class C IP address and all of his are on the same IP address.. And each week he asks me for another 15 sites to link from always offering up the same 4 to me...

I have to laugh... and then cry for the guy.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
elegantmedia

Post by elegantmedia »

oh, I get that same guy!

Whats even funnier is he cancels some of them before I even get a chance to see what he's asking for.

and his user name makes it even more comical :lol: