trade acceptance

Minor and major release and bug fixes requests will be discussed in here. If something just don't work right, or feel right, fire away. We are listening.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

unclebastard

trade acceptance

Post by unclebastard »

ok another noob question. I received a request to link site a to my site b. I want to accept the trade. Is the only way to accept the trade by adding another of their sites to the request? What if I only want to be linked to the initial site? Is there a faq section for this site? I ind it very disconcerting that every time I have a question, I either have to look through hundreds of forum pages or post a stupid question like this.

Thanks in advance,

UB
redwhiteandblue

Re: trade acceptance

Post by redwhiteandblue »

You click on 'View trade'. You choose one of their pages you want to get a link from. You click on 'Add to request'. Then you choose one of your pages you want that to link to, in the drop down box under "Linked to:". The reason it says 'Add to request' is that having chosen one page, you can then choose another and make it into a stacked trade, i.e. they link two or more of their pages to your one. Type the anchor title you want for the link or links to your page in 'Anchor text' and hit Submit.
unclebastard

Post by unclebastard »

ty RWB, that much I know. However, what if I do not want any of his/her other links except the one he/she offered to trade with me?
Thx,
UB
deejay

Post by deejay »

Unless the site is hidden, you should be able to request a link from that to yours.
unclebastard

Post by unclebastard »

You would think so, but when looking through the list of his sites it was not there. So it showed the site he wanted to trade with me, but then would only let me approve the request after I added another of his sites to my list.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

He requested a link to a site that he has hidden, so you cannot add that site to the list, if no other sites perk an interest from you, just Deny the trade. They shouldn't take it personally.
ImageImage
unclebastard

Post by unclebastard »

Hmm ok. Not sure why someone would request a link to a hidden site, or have a hidden site anyway. But like I said, I am an extreme NOOB lol.
Thanks for your help guys.
UB
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

unclebastard wrote:Hmm ok. Not sure why someone would request a link to a hidden site, or have a hidden site anyway. But like I said, I am an extreme NOOB lol.
Thanks for your help guys.
UB

It's basically just a site that he wants to get links to, but does not want to offer any links on them.

If you run a paysite, or money site that is doing really well for you, you'll want to point links at it and increase sales/clicks, not add more links to it and lose sales/clicks (that would be like poking holes in a bucket).
ImageImage
unclebastard

Post by unclebastard »

Ahhhhh I see the light. Very true. Thanks
redwhiteandblue

Post by redwhiteandblue »

There are a LOT of reasons to have hidden sites. Any new sites that I add here, I set to hidden until they are at least a couple months old - it must look odd to Google to come across a new site and find it already has a load of "friends" it is linking to.