Link check for thumblogger

Minor and major release and bug fixes requests will be discussed in here. If something just don't work right, or feel right, fire away. We are listening.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

gapelover

Link check for thumblogger

Post by gapelover »

Hi,
link checker seems not to work for new thumblogger.com links.
cucumber

Re: Link check for thumblogger

Post by cucumber »

I have the same problem verifying those links.
They probably banned Linkspun bot, not uncommon thing with them...
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

cucumber wrote:I have the same problem verifying those links.
They probably banned Linkspun bot, not uncommon thing with them...
Another good reason to stop using thumblogger. Hosting is cheap these days m8.
cucumber

Post by cucumber »

I stopped using thumblogger maybe two years ago but I do have a lot of thumblogger blogs and people do request trades from those.
I do have my own server, its not an issue...

I know Twan (the owner of thumblogger) has been awesome person but last few years he just gave up from his blogging projects, and its not uncommon to have problems with his services...
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

The problem is that LinkSpun bot is not identified as such (which has good and bad sides). So they will only see a "client" scanning the pages and probably ban the IP for that.

But it's a tradeoff of having bots use a real user agent strings or a fake one. Again, there are good and bad sides of that. I'm currently implementing a small bot for myself which uses a real user agent string to identify it as a bot. But to be honest, if I find out any abuse/cheating I will probably end up using a fake one as well.
gapelover

Post by gapelover »

what can i do to get the link exchange visible again ?
edhel2005

Post by edhel2005 »

will this get fixed soon? or is twan not answering again?
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

I don't think it is that we're banned or blocked by IP(s).

I'm awaiting on an answer for this now.
ImageImage
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

LO just finds the links so I have not removed any trades yet even though LS tell me the link is gone.

Hope you guys dont get much links pulled though. Point them to this thread in the comments if they make an issue. It's clearly not your fault.
gapelover

Post by gapelover »

I am very sad that thumblogger admin dont care about links trade, for me i can say all links from trades are up! Support of thumblogger seeems bullshit and because all of my latest blogs never added to any bloglist i will stop to add any blogs to them. Maybe it its time to retire for thumblogger admin, it seems that he dont take care of any of his members. He doesnt answer PM's, i guess he made enough money to stop business Haha !! What a fuckin waste of time !
nyllover

Post by nyllover »

Same problem here. Happened already in the past...that's why i don't use thumblogger anymore...but yet...i do have some blogs there...
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

I'm not a thumblogger.com user but I just visited the support forum and I get the feeling support is not there anymore. Is thumblogger.com dying?
gapelover

Post by gapelover »

So linkspun bot isn't blocked at thumblogger, when will link verify work again ?
internetmarketer

Post by internetmarketer »

john can you do something about the news section. it really is a pain to scroll down a huge page every time you have to do something to a trade. ;)
gapelover

Post by gapelover »

Hello anybody at home ?
I have got 344 link errors and 24 new link trades to set up ! :x

Linkspun message:
"I'm sorry but your account has been locked because you have too many outstanding links that you need to setup. Please visit Setup Trades and add your links. All functions are still working behind the scenes for you, but you must add the trades agreed to before requesting more."
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

internetmarketer wrote:john can you do something about the news section. it really is a pain to scroll down a huge page every time you have to do something to a trade. ;)

Sorry but what news section?
ImageImage
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

gapelover wrote:Hello anybody at home ?
I have got 344 link errors and 24 new link trades to set up ! :x

Linkspun message:
"I'm sorry but your account has been locked because you have too many outstanding links that you need to setup. Please visit Setup Trades and add your links. All functions are still working behind the scenes for you, but you must add the trades agreed to before requesting more."

I don't own thumblogger, not much I can do about this.

The lock out is because of the 24 outstanding links you need to add. I get that they are most likely on thumblogger.com but again there is not a whole lot I can do about it.
ImageImage
gapelover

Post by gapelover »

But the question is who can do anything about the link verification with thumblogger ?
I can't verify any of my 24 outstanding new links.
If there's no solution i will take all links from exchange down and case is closed.
Just tell me whats going on and if the problem will be fixed soon !
redwhiteandblue

Post by redwhiteandblue »

Maybe if the bot is getting a 403 response or whatever it marks the link as needing to be verified manually, so we just hit a button to confirm that we've checked it ourselves and it's ok?
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

gapelover wrote:But the question is who can do anything about the link verification with thumblogger ?
The guys at Thumblogger!
gapelover wrote:If there's no solution i will take all links from exchange down and case is closed.
Really? So it's better everybody at LinkSpun blocks/bans/blacklists you to avoid you pull their links! I really do not understand the point of pulling the links. You can verify the links yourself or you have the right scripts to do so. You don't need LinkSpun to maintain your links, only to find them.

In case you are wondering… Yes, I still accept and setup link trades with Thumblogger users. I do not have any issues with such users because they are still valuable trade partners. But if they start threatening to pull links then it's clear where we stand…right?
gapelover

Post by gapelover »

Right now none links are taken down, its only the last solution.
Sorry i don't have any program to verify my link exchange.
Would be great if you could tell me about a good one so i could verify all links.
Thanks.

The other problem is that i cant set up and verify new links because i am blocked here !
BTW i know here are many guys who have thumblogger blogs too.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

gapelover wrote:Right now none links are taken down, its only the last solution.
It's no solution at all because you are trying to grief LinkSpun with it but you in fact only grief your trade partners with it. Listen, I know you are frustrated but you really need to address your grief towards Thumblogger, not here.
gapelover wrote:The other problem is that i cant set up and verify new links because i am blocked here !
But why cant you verify the links yourself? How did you do that before LinkSpun then?
Chezter

Post by Chezter »

I have now like 150 link errors because of this, I really hope you will fix it soon.
gapelover

Post by gapelover »

I have already lost my first 10 trades because bot isn't working for thumblogger. :evil:
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

1) Why do you guys keep complaining here while it is obviously a problem which needs to be addressed to the guys at Thumblogger?

2) How can you lose trades while you need to maintain and STILL check/validate trades yourself?

I have 12 trades with Thumblogger users which are at errror on Linkspun. But the trades are still valid, the links are active and my scripts finds the trades. There has been some comments back and forth to make sure trades remain active, but there has not been a single issue with those 12 trades. All links are active and will remain so with or without Linkspun.
venril

Post by venril »

By the way does anyone here also have the same problem involving THEIR linkchecker (such as Links Organizer)? It is giving me nightmares just to watch the report.
Leks911

Post by Leks911 »

I have a lot of blogs on thumblogger, trade shows error. when a problem with the definition of reference will be resolved? to trade, it is difficult, it is necessary to notify Partner of all, through personal message
gapelover

Post by gapelover »

I have now 20 setup trades, 13 links pending and 6 requests, can't move on with anything here because my account is blocked. Even setup trades cant be deleted. It s not a fault of linkspun. I am so pissed off this thumblogger admin who doesnt take care about his blog builders. The first links form trade partners are taken down here. I will wait not for long time, soon i will delete all links and all my content on thumblogger blogs. This blog directory and his webmaster sucks ! I don't have time to check every link by my own and to inform every trade partner by PM.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

venril wrote:By the way does anyone here also have the same problem involving THEIR linkchecker (such as Links Organizer)? It is giving me nightmares just to watch the report.
I can assure you, Link Organizer validates the links just fine. I have about 12 errors on Linkspun to Thumblogger but all those trades are fine. My Link Organizer script detects all links.

But you have to keep in mind, it's not an issues with checkers and bots. The problem is somewhere in the route from a host to the Thumblogger host. So some people with Link Organizer may have the same issue as the LinkSpun bot has. Those bots just do not reach the host and report it as a bad trade.

The only thing that worries me related to Thumblogger is how long this can go on. In the end people reporting problems in this thread will leave Thumblogger or will stop using LinkSpun. This will result in a lot of dropped links.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

gapelover wrote:I have now 20 setup trades, 13 links pending and 6 requests, can't move on with anything here because my account is blocked. Even setup trades cant be deleted. It s not a fault of linkspun. I am so pissed off this thumblogger admin who doesnt take care about his blog builders. The first links form trade partners are taken down here. I will wait not for long time, soon i will delete all links and all my content on thumblogger blogs. This blog directory and his webmaster sucks ! I don't have time to check every link by my own and to inform every trade partner by PM.
Hi m8, you should really consider a script for your link exchanges. I only know 2,

1) LinkEx (http://linkex.dk/). This is a free script. It has a good link checker. Problem is, you have to install it on each site.

2) Link Organizer (http://lo.cheapestwebsoftware.com/). This is a paid script but worth it's cost. It's a centralized link management system. You install in on one domains but you use it to manage and validate ALL your links.

I started using LinkEx but after about 10 domains I found out that it's too much trouble to have a link tool install on each site. So I bought Link Organizer and since then I use that to maintain and validate my links. I'm a PHP developer myself so I can do some magic with LO. For instance I use LO to generate toplists or even have it spit out my link trades as XML file.

Anyway, if you own a lot of different sites and you need to manage your links I really think you should go for LO.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line. I really hope for you and all other thumblogger users that this issue can be fixed. Maybe you should start looking for a different blog hosting service (paid or free). Who knows, maybe thumblogger is dying :(
DrumNBreaks

Post by DrumNBreaks »

Hi. Now I have 18 inactive thumblogger trades in my Setup Trades and can`t setup more than 2 new trades
kinkybrian

Post by kinkybrian »

gapelover wrote:...Maybe it its time to retire for thumblogger admin, it seems that he dont take care of any of his members. He doesnt answer PM's, i guess he made enough money to stop business Haha !! What a fuckin waste of time !
He already did retire, just never made an announcement.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

kinkybrian wrote:He already did retire, just never made an announcement.
That is just sad.

But are you guys sure? Maybe he's very sick or got into an accident. I don't know the guy but I cant imagine that somebody would stop such service completely without even dropping a single line.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

I'm gonna try to set it up so we can set errored trades to end of que (mark as Found).

It's not a final solution but one we can use for not only thumblogger issues as we need.
ImageImage
venril

Post by venril »

CodeR70 wrote:
kinkybrian wrote:He already did retire, just never made an announcement.
That is just sad.

But are you guys sure? Maybe he's very sick or got into an accident. I don't know the guy but I cant imagine that somebody would stop such service completely without even dropping a single line.
Think I saw him posting on his own forums.
kinkybrian

Post by kinkybrian »

CodeR70 wrote:
...That is just sad.

But are you guys sure?...
I was just being a smartass. Twan didn't really retire, but it sure feels like it if you need any kind of customer support from him and his blogging services.
DrumNBreaks

Post by DrumNBreaks »

jdoughs wrote:I'm gonna try to set it up so we can set errored trades to end of que (mark as Found).
where I can find it?
venril

Post by venril »

kinkybrian wrote:
CodeR70 wrote:
...That is just sad.

I was just being a smartass. Twan didn't really retire, but it sure feels like it if you need any kind of customer support from him and his blogging services.
I'm glad I took a very valuable advice from gurus a few years ago and never bothered with freehosts. All I have are my first 8 TB blogs and 1 Sensualwriter blog, which was deleted for no reason. Sent several PMs and emails to Twan and never got a reply.

I suggest to everyone - never bother with freehosts, you never know when they bite you. It may happen some 3-5 years later, but losing a few hundred bucks of passive income hurts. That even with adult biz going downhill.

Just buy a generic adult name domain and make your own "freehost". Paying $10/year for a domain and a few bucks each month for some cheap host is nothing really nowadays. Doesn't even take much from beer money :)
DrumNBreaks

Post by DrumNBreaks »

venril wrote:
kinkybrian wrote:
CodeR70 wrote:
...That is just sad.

I'm glad I took a very valuable advice from gurus a few years ago and never bothered with freehosts. All I have are my first 8 TB blogs and 1 Sensualwriter blog, which was deleted for no reason. Sent several PMs and emails to Twan and never got a reply.

I suggest to everyone - never bother with freehosts, you never know when they bite you. It may happen some 3-5 years later, but losing a few hundred bucks of passive income hurts. That even with adult biz going downhill.

Just buy a generic adult name domain and make your own "freehost". Paying $10/year for a domain and a few bucks each month for some cheap host is nothing really nowadays. Doesn't even take much from beer money :)
Agree with you, all my TB blogs are first blogs in adult, just experiment in this industry. Serious projects can't placed on free services. But many people are glad to take links from TB blogs.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

venril wrote:I'm glad I took a very valuable advice from gurus a few years ago and never bothered with freehosts. All I have are my first 8 TB blogs and 1 Sensualwriter blog, which was deleted for no reason. Sent several PMs and emails to Twan and never got a reply
Do you still trade with freehosts? I'm seriously considering stopping to trade with freehosts, especially thumblogger (which I already did, I only keep active trades up).
venril

Post by venril »

CodeR70 wrote:Do you still trade with freehosts? I'm seriously considering stopping to trade with freehosts, especially thumblogger (which I already did, I only keep active trades up).
I still do but it's a good idea indeed.
gapelover

Post by gapelover »

Thanks for fixing this problem !
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

OMG… LINK ERRORS (0) :o :shock: :o :shock:
:P