Link-farms counteraction

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

bbroxx

Link-farms counteraction

Post by bbroxx »

Congrats to owner! Very, very useful service and triple pleasure that it is free. Just the only serious "sore spot" is that many dishonest traders move their sites to linkfarms AFTER making the trades at linkspun. As a result, instead of SEO-effect, honest traders are getting a headache with Google penalty because it looks like they have a links to the dumps... And if I have hundreds of trades I can't spend a days to check all of em manually...

QUESTION:
guys, could you please add the number of current out-links on the traders sites in the "Active Trades" listing? So we at least could see that some trader site had 10 links and now has 200 - then we can disable such trade at once with no losing time to visit all sites in listing.
And would be ideally if in profile settings could be specified the limit of out-links at my traders sites, when excid system send me notification.

Many many thanks!
CodeR70

Re: Link-farms counteraction

Post by CodeR70 »

bbroxx wrote:As a result, instead of SEO-effect, honest traders are getting a headache with Google penalty because it looks like they have a links to the dumps...
But how do you recognize that Google gives you a "penalty" for that?
bbroxx

Post by bbroxx »

CodeR70 wrote:But how do you recognize that Google gives you a "penalty" for that?
It mentioned by many optimizers exactly regarding the lipkspun: site goes down in SERP and after removing the link to such dump - it returns to top.
...Am I the first who say about it here? :shock: :D
olexisomar

Post by olexisomar »

bbroxx wrote:site goes down in SERP and after removing the link to such dump - it returns to top.
How long were the links up before you remove them? cause I've noticed when you get lot of backlinks google push you down on SERP but you should wait 2 or 3 days before removing the links at least in my case it take me down but after couple of day it take me back up even with better position in most of the cases other times just came up with the same position.
Olexis Omar
e-mail: [email protected]
Site: http://www.observe.com
bbroxx

Post by bbroxx »

Thank you for suggestion, but this is not a problem of a few days and the reason is really clear: some swindlers turn their sites to dumps, and it would be nice for all traders to have such a control over their trades. No? :)
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

bbroxx wrote:It mentioned by many optimizers exactly regarding the lipkspun: site goes down in SERP and after removing the link to such dump - it returns to top.
The problem is that SERP changes all the time. I'm very curious how people are able to relate that to changes in backlinks in a timespan of a few days. Or is this just a "however the wind blows" kind of thing?

BTW, I understand the OP's issue, would be nice to have the out-links listed as he mentions. If you could sort on that in your active trades then it would even be ideal. Then you will see the sites with most out-links on top and you can take action if desired.
olexisomar

Post by olexisomar »

CodeR70 wrote:The problem is that SERP changes all the time.
That's absolutely true However, It can't be just a coincidence that every time I get some backlinks (usually more than 3) related to the same keyword, my site goes down even disappear from SERP and few days later it comes back again. To be honest with you I refuse to believe it is just a coincidence.

Actually I think it will be great to add that feature to LS. It will help us to perform a better monitoring on the trades we already have.
Olexis Omar
e-mail: [email protected]
Site: http://www.observe.com