outgoing links count

Minor and major release and bug fixes requests will be discussed in here. If something just don't work right, or feel right, fire away. We are listening.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

webdanger

outgoing links count

Post by webdanger »

Hi guys

You have a problem with the outgoing links count spider, do you update the sites often or whats the problem? I went through a site with a tool and its shows 3 times as many outg links than your spider, Please check it out to see if something is wrong,
thank you for this wonderful website.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Re: outgoing links count

Post by jdoughs »

webdanger wrote:Hi guys

You have a problem with the outgoing links count spider, do you update the sites often or whats the problem? I went through a site with a tool and its shows 3 times as many outg links than your spider, Please check it out to see if something is wrong,
thank you for this wonderful website.

A little more info please. What site, what numbers were shown etc. What is this other tool and is it wrong/right? As far as I know the spider is fine, it updates Page Info when trades are re-spidered and also at about the rate of 4-5k pages a day.

If you have a little something to go on other then 'its broken' I'll have it looked into.
ImageImage
webdanger

Post by webdanger »

The tool linkcounter.submitexpress.com

crazyfilth.com - 28 here - 44 tool
dailybabeblog.com - 55 here - 82 tool

It must be the update process because some links are checked corectly and some show less links. I have found some major differencies on some site, from 100 link too 300 links, i can't remember which ones, sorry.

Hope it helps

Thanks
webdanger

Post by webdanger »

hotfootdivas.com - 70 here - 160 link tool
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

webdanger wrote:hotfootdivas.com - 70 here - 160 link tool
I'm still not sure what to say, I checked that tool you linked up above, and get this for hotfootdivas.com.

Outgoing Links: 81 - Unique Outgoing Links: 72

Linkspun totals:

81 outbound.

I also checked about 20 of them and I see no differences.
ImageImage
venril

Post by venril »

Can we exclude nofollow links from this counter? It's confusing, because for example my blogs have 2-3 sponsor links per post that are nofollow. That's some 60-150 outgoing links right there.

Google itself even recommends nofollowing all sponsored links.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

venril wrote:Can we exclude nofollow links from this counter? It's confusing, because for example my blogs have 2-3 sponsor links per post that are nofollow. That's some 60-150 outgoing links right there.

Google itself even recommends nofollowing all sponsored links.

The value of nofollow has recently been under much scrutiny and it's almost impossible to find 2 people who think the same on it. Excluding nofollow is not really an option. If it's included people can decide on their own at that point if it matters. Google themselves have backpeddled and made changes to how nofollow works/acts.

Truth of the matter is no matter what, those are outgoing links on your site. Although a link is nofollowed, it still counts as an outbound link, it just doesn't pass link juice through to it. Never has it been reported that it 'saves' that link power for the other links, it just does not pass it on.

So for all intensive purposes, those links are still outbound links, they just have no weight passed to them. They DO still eat away juice from the site.\

I would say you'd be better off with something like this.

http://blairwilliams.com/pretty-link <--- 301 link redirect set up, so you could have www.myblogdomain.com/paysitename as a link that redirects to the sponsor.
ImageImage
webdanger

Post by webdanger »

realitysexreview.com/ on linkspun 52 outgoing with other tools and manually checked 600+