Paid Links / Marketplace

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

Hincapie

Paid Links / Marketplace

Post by Hincapie »

Hey

Would it be an idea to have a little marketplace section where people can offer paid links (perm or time limited) - would be quite handy for quick boosts/new users with few sites/people making a living selling links

Having such a marketplace as part of linkspun would be alot more convenient both ways (for buyers and sellers) than trolling boards etc, as the targeted audience is here, the basic info on the sites/domains is readily available etc.
mBishop

Re: Paid Links / Marketplace

Post by mBishop »

While it would be nice to have a marketplace... I think letting people sell links on here will detract from the link trading community.

More TRADES would get denied as people would be here to exclusively sell links. IE why should I trade links for free when I can make a couple bucks off of them?
Hincapie

Post by Hincapie »

True enough mBishop, that could be a worry indeed.

However, people only coming here to sell links - well that would be an addition, rather than a deduction (as they are not here now). Further, I would imagine most traders would rather have valuable links than money. One solution could be as well to make urls marked as either trading or for sale - ie if they are trading domains they cant be sold and vice versa.

Overall, I think it would add a dimension that is happening regardless - only elsewhere and more randomly, whereas on the linkspun platform buyers would have lots of valuable info on their purchases.
Relentless

Post by Relentless »

The main problem is the moment this becomes a link buying tool it is a serious risk that Google will find it and simply blacklist every site in the listings. Google has no problem with relevant sites trading links and creating useful pathways for surfers to find content that interests them... they have a HUGE problem with buying and selling links.

If Linkspun had a link selling marketplace you'd have just about every webmaster with any sense deleting their accounts and demanding to have their urls removed from the database immediately... myself included. I'm sure plenty goes on quietly and privately... but that doesn't mean people want a big red target painted on their sites ;)
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

I'm against this! this this link trading page not link selling there are other sites online where you can add your sites and sell links on them, i think backlinks.com offering something like this.