Sites On Individual IP's

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

clickxnet

Sites On Individual IP's

Post by clickxnet »

Some hosting companies have been requested by ARIN to no longer provide a single IP with a single domain due to the global shortage of IP addresses under the current address numbering scheme. I don't know how long this has been going on, but the one I just got notice from is a pretty big hosting company and I know they host 1000's of websites.

Considering that some that do trades consider only exchanging links with sites on different IP's as an important part of their strategy, purportedly for SERP value, this notice to a hosting company from ARIN says to me:

1. SE's know about the global IP shortage
2. SE's will start (if they aren't already) placing less value on this as a part of their ranking formula calculations
3. More weight will be given to other factors when evaluating inbound links to a site.

If that is true, are we shooting ourselves in the foot, in the long run, by denying trades to sites simply because they are not using individual IP's per domain (what some call "seo hosting" or "smart hosting")?
mBishop

Re: Sites On Individual IP's

Post by mBishop »

Yes, you basically are artificially decreasing the amount of good sites you can trade with.

A link is a link is a link. IP has nothing to do with SEO, as stated before.
RickDiculous

Re: Sites On Individual IP's

Post by RickDiculous »

There is an interesting thread on this subject that can be found here

http://www.linkspun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=324