connect() timed out! ???

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

LipshtickLady

connect() timed out! ???

Post by LipshtickLady »

I use LO to place and track my linkspun trades.

I have a trade where LO is giving me an error connect() timed out!
but when i click "Check LInk" on linkspun - LinkSpun finds the links

I click the webmasters site and it wont load for me - just times out.

I sent the webmaster a note - as maybe just a server glitch and he doesnt know site is down. Though my LO shows site has been down for past 2 days...

any thoughts here?

Shouldnt LinkSpun return same error as LO? If link is there but site is not laoding then it is really not helpful to have link right?
jdoughs
Site Admin

Re: connect() timed out! ???

Post by jdoughs »

Wouldn't return the same error, at least not always.

Linkspun checks the trades from any number of given IP's. Those I.P's are physically located on a box somewhere(s), your L.O. is checking those same trades from the IP it is hosted on.

There is a good chance that one of the lines in between one of the systems is not working. So one would show it as good, another not able to load the domain.

Sounds more like a dns issue. If you doubt it, link me the trade url here and I'll click through and tell you if I see it.
ImageImage
LipshtickLady

Re: connect() timed out! ???

Post by LipshtickLady »

JDoughs - sent you a PM - I think :) Can tell if it sent or if its in my outbox...

site still same - timesout for me, timesout for lo and Linkspun showing link is there