How is Google reacting to links to your moneysite?

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

spunar

How is Google reacting to links to your moneysite?

Post by spunar »

I have a large blog network that I use to get recip links to my moneysite.

I've chosen some keywords that we already receive a small amount of traffic on, that we could definetely improve on.

Initial results have been (on all of them), that we get improved ratings, but then suddenly we just drop out of top 10 or even top 100. We are still indexed - just buried deep down on Google. The ranking bounce up and down - sometimes top 20 - sometimes top 200, but nowhere to be seen on page 1. I use Market Samurai to track this by the way - highly recommended.

I've gotten something like 60-80 links over a period of 2 months on one of the anchors. The moneysite is old, and haven't had any links with these anchors before.

What are you guys' advise on this? Keep building and hope that Google sometime in the future settles on a ranking for us, or should I stop linking to it all together?
girlfactory

Re: How is Google reacting to links to your moneysite?

Post by girlfactory »

Google penalizes reciprocal links. Instead do one way links from your feeder sites to the money site.

If your money site matters, remove the reciprocal links. Send Google a reconsideration request on what you did and how you fixed it to make it Google compliant.

I haven't tried the "keep building and hope ..." approach. I'd like to hear from someone who improved their search engine ranking by doing so.
spunar

Post by spunar »

Just to clarify - when we linktrade its:
Blog site -> external site
External site -> money site.
girlfactory

Post by girlfactory »

What about the anchor text? Is it the same for all the blogs and external sites?
spunar

Post by spunar »

Blog -> external sites (linktrades here on Linkspun) varies of course

External sites -> money site
We use different anchors, since we target several keywords. Some are for the front page, and some are category pages.

At present time we will keep doing trades and see where it takes us. A reconsideration request is not something we would consider since we do get a lot of Google traffic on other keywords.

Best regards :)
spunar

Post by spunar »

Just a little fyi...

2 weeks later it looks like rankings are picking up. The moneysite is starting to rank pretty well on various anchors we've used. It took a little over a month to get the rankings back. Basicly we just kept building links to it on the same anchor.