your trade requests has been denied rant

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

girlfactory

your trade requests has been denied rant

Post by girlfactory »

What's the point of people posting their websites on Linkspu,n if they deny trade requests?

If you guys don't want to trade, please remove your pages. So those of us who want to trade don't waste time attempting trades with you guys.
willwank

Re: your trade requests has been denied rant

Post by willwank »

girlfactory wrote:What's the point of people posting their websites on Linkspu,n if they deny trade requests?

If you guys don't want to trade, please remove your pages. So those of us who want to trade don't waste time attempting trades with you guys.
Why? This is not a link trading factory.
Don't take a "Trade denied" personally. It doesn't necessarily say anything about your site really. For any number of reasons the other person simply didn't find any benefit for him/her. Strategies varies, what ppl believe in varies. It's all cool, move on.
-= i seek you 437 654 594 =-
girlfactory

Post by girlfactory »

willwank wrote:It doesn't necessarily say anything about your site really. For any number of reasons the other person simply didn't find any benefit for him/her. Strategies varies, what ppl believe in varies. It's all cool, move on.
Those of us who are denied trades have no frame of reference for correcting any problems with our sites.
If I correct the reason for the trade denial, then there's no excuse.
willwank

Post by willwank »

girlfactory wrote:
willwank wrote:It doesn't necessarily say anything about your site really. For any number of reasons the other person simply didn't find any benefit for him/her. Strategies varies, what ppl believe in varies. It's all cool, move on.
Those of us who are denied trades have no frame of reference for correcting any problems with our sites.
If I correct the reason for the trade denial, then there's no excuse.
No one is obligated to give any reason for a denial. Don't think many do that. When I get a "No" I don't need/want a reason. The other person obviously didn't like the proposed trade, moving on, no big deal.
shegotass

Post by shegotass »

girlfactory wrote:What's the point of people posting their websites on Linkspu,n if they deny trade requests?

Boy do I feel the exact same way :x I actually was about to start a thread asking what are good reasons for a trade being denied. I mean it is so frustrating and makes no sense to me why some people deny my trade when it would be a perfect niche trade. I thought the idea was to build links, not add the sites you think looks the prettiest or whatever. But I feel the same exact way pal. Really pisses me off.. :evil:
Life's a bitch and then you wake up one day and slap the bitch in the face and make her make you some money. 8-)
http://www.linkspun.com/profile.php?profileID=1200
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

There is numerous reasons why a trade could be denied. A lot of them are not anybodies fault, there is no reason to decypher and say what can I change.
  • Other user is after a certain niche links at this time, focusing all his efforts on certain niches, sees you don't have any, declines.
  • The domain involved in the trade may be showing for trades but he may have a set amount of trades to do with it, and may not feel this particular deal is worth one of those spots.
  • Other user sees some of your sites that are direct competition of his, does not want to help you take money away from him.
  • Other user is real busy, and purges through 20-40 requests without really looking, just to clear his pallet and start fresh.
  • Other user doesn't think the trade is a good fit for pretty much any reason not listed.

As stated above, it's almost never personal or directly related to any specific site you have, there is several variables of acceptance to go from a request, to an active trade.

We have to combine different strategies, work ethics, niches, languages, time zones etc etc to make it to an active trade, and have both parties happy. I think if you get 20-50% request/trade you are doing very well when you think about all the factors that need to match.

Don't get discouraged!
ImageImage
shegotass

Post by shegotass »

jdoughs wrote:There is numerous reasons why a trade could be denied. A lot of them are not anybodies fault, there is no reason to decypher and say what can I change.
  • Other user is after a certain niche links at this time, focusing all his efforts on certain niches, sees you don't have any, declines.
  • The domain involved in the trade may be showing for trades but he may have a set amount of trades to do with it, and may not feel this particular deal is worth one of those spots.
  • Other user sees some of your sites that are direct competition of his, does not want to help you take money away from him.
  • Other user is real busy, and purges through 20-40 requests without really looking, just to clear his pallet and start fresh.
  • Other user doesn't think the trade is a good fit for pretty much any reason not listed.

As stated above, it's almost never personal or directly related to any specific site you have, there is several variables of acceptance to go from a request, to an active trade.

We have to combine different strategies, work ethics, niches, languages, time zones etc etc to make it to an active trade, and have both parties happy. I think if you get 20-50% request/trade you are doing very well when you think about all the factors that need to match.

Don't get discouraged!

Well you really shed some light on the situation. I am new to linkspun but thought I had a fairly good understanding of link building. I thought the general idea is that everyone desire to have a site filled with relevant links. So why I get so pissed when a site that share the same niche as my site deny the trade. I personally will accept any link trade that is even closely relevant to mine. But I know it takes time and I have been getting some trades though.
Life's a bitch and then you wake up one day and slap the bitch in the face and make her make you some money. 8-)
http://www.linkspun.com/profile.php?profileID=1200
redwhiteandblue

Post by redwhiteandblue »

I find myself denying a lot of trades recently. The main reasons I will deny trades are:

You've requested links to the same page from several of my sites at once with the same anchor, this is a clear sign to Google of unnatural link building and will hurt my rankings;
You've requested completely irrelevant trades, probably because you just chose the site with the highest PR and thought that would be the best one to get a link from;
You've requested a link from a site that I do have available but is #1 for its targetted keyword phrase and therefore I only accept high quality sites very close to the same niche;
You've requested a link trade that I would be happy to do but you have nothing that I'm interested in getting a link back from;
You've requested a link from a site you are already linking to, which would mean turning a carefully arranged ABCD trade into an AB or ABC one;
We already have a lot of trades involving the same sites and adding more would again give Google a clue that there is unnatural link building going on.
deejay

Post by deejay »

redwhiteandblue wrote:You've requested completely irrelevant trades, probably because you just chose the site with the highest PR and thought that would be the best one to get a link from;
Like he said. I've denied half a dozen trades today for this reason, all of them requesting links from unrelated sites just because the PR is 1 or higher.

I've also accepted very few stacked trades since signing up here last September. That's a shame as it's a very useful feature, but just because a blog has PR2 doesn't mean its worth two or three links from PR1 and PR0 domains, especially if the blog hasn't been updated since early 2009 or has a handful of posts all with the same date.

There are still plenty of decent links to be found here. I just wish some people would try a little harder to find the right ones for both themselves and their link partners.
LipshtickLady

Post by LipshtickLady »

GirlFactory - you have to give to get - I only see two blogs that you offer to link from both on freehosting - personally I dont trade with Free hosts and I think many take the same position. that might be part of your challenge
girlfactory

Post by girlfactory »

I don't understand how 1 person can own and operate 100+ websites. I have a site that I paid money for and a few freehosted blogs. None of them make money, or get traffic. It's time consuming just to keep these updated.

So far I have 1 active trade, and 3 people who haven't linked back to me.
venril

Post by venril »

The most common reason for me is because I want to trade with blogs. Sure I would link to just about any site that isn't total trash (tubes, TGPs, webcams and whatnot are OK), but I want linkback from at least a decent site (one that has similar keywords and at least some text).

Most of those TGPs and the like have a crapload of links in the very footer in very thin and small font, which are of no use to me. Please put your trades at least to 2nd half of the page into sidebar, not to the very very bottom where they are useless after 1500 links to sponsors, galleries and such.

Freehost -> 2nd level (top) domain is another big issue. I as many others don't mind freehosts but when you have nothing else to offer, expect 90% of your trades to be declined.
sweetpartners

Post by sweetpartners »

Probably the reason is girlfactory, on both of your sites, you will be denied trades as you do not have a Page Rank, some of my sites have no page rank, and they are denied also, which I can understand. Also you run lesbian blogs, I run alot of dating sites, but not lesbian, so I would not be interested in trading links with that niche, maybe in the future.
willwank

Post by willwank »

venril wrote: Most of those TGPs and the like have a crapload of links in the very footer in very thin and small font, which are of no use to me. Please put your trades at least to 2nd half of the page into sidebar, not to the very very bottom where they are useless after 1500 links to sponsors, galleries and such.
There can be a lot of value in linking with tgps. Obviously there are many who won't benefit you but that's the case with so many blogs to, even handwritten non splogs. Tgp's where the owner have payed some attention to seo will benefit you if matched properly. Also many older sites with lots of google love are tgp's and mgps. But I agree with you, tgp and mgp owners, like myself, should reconsider placements of links and surrounding descriptions for those who do that.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

I will address your concerns...

Why would I personally deny your request?

You have two pages for linkbacks. Both are thumblogger sites. It took 8 seconds for thumbloggers server to respond to my request. Google takes this into consideration. While your blogs look appealing with the big pics, they have very little text. You should put a few paragraphs instead of a sentence or two per post.

Therefor your links into me are worth squat...

Link trade request: Denied!

Think about taking this seriously and buying 3 domains. Put wordpress on them and develop them into some decently good sites. Use http://www.virgins19.com/webmasters sites as a reference. I now have over 50 blogs and started with 1 five years ago. Over time I built my blogs into money making machines. Having two blogs on thumblogger does not a webmaster make.

Edit: I actually have well over 100 blogs if you count my free hosted blogs....
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
PedroLuiz

Post by PedroLuiz »

I manage links for several domains, and here's my thought process when reviewing a request.

1. Can I find the domain when searching for a) requested linktext or b) keyword from titletag or c) domainname phrased. If this is not the case, then I will most likely decline. I don't want to link to something Google doesn't like..

2. If the domain you want the hardlink to isn't active for me to choose as recip, then I'm always VERY sceptical. More than likely the sites you do offer links from are linkbaits and usually worthless. You need something GOOD on the active portfolio, otherwise don't bother.

3. People that make massrequests to cam sites from mainstream and other non-non niche sites are usually idiots - I block them from further requests, and sometimes don't bother to look at their portfolio.

4. Freehosts. I RARELY do an exchange to or from a freehost. And if your portfolio consits of freehosts only I will probably block.

5. Ridiculous requests = instant deny and probably a block. Don't request a link from a strong site to a weak site unless you have something interesting in your portfolio..

(6). People who pr-limit are usually not interesting to trade with. Just an observation.