How NOT to submit a support request.

Minor and major release and bug fixes requests will be discussed in here. If something just don't work right, or feel right, fire away. We are listening.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

jdoughs
Site Admin

How NOT to submit a support request.

Post by jdoughs »

Hello,
I've received a messsage.
http://site-edited.org/: PR changed from 2 to 0.
WTF????
site-edited.org has PR1
Is it too complicated to set up this elementary function ?
Be so kind, return my PR
Hello,
Any news concerning this matter? My page rank is still not updated.
Looking forward to your reply.
Thank you for your time.
Best wishes.
Please keep in mind that this service is completely free for you to use (this was always the goal), and costs a decent amount to run smoothly (this also was expected). If it takes a few days/weeks for requests that involve programming to get fixed there really is no reason to get upset. If you would like to throw $500-$1000 into getting a bunch of stuff done that you want, then by all means hit me up and you can talk slutty to me all day/night. I suspect for the right amount Drocd would also get dirty. :)

I was asked if it really is that complicated. Well, try to keep data on 50,000 domains and keep it current. Do that while trying to fly under the radar of google and other services and never really abuse them. It's a fine line and isn't just a elementary function. Updating a sites PR, EASY, updating 50,000 pages and keeping them current, not so easy.

I may not respond to every post on the boards (this one and others), but I do read and implement what makes sense and is affordable/effective. When I say that I'm working on something, it really means I am working on it. I do not program, and I don't think the educated user at linkspun would want me to take on the task of programming. Linkspun has a great programmer but he works for money not peanuts. And I do not have him working everyday (he IS here when we need him) but he isn't salary or around to tinker everyday.

Fixes/Updates/Functions usually come out in a stretch over a few days or a week, and usually all at once. This makes sense, build a list of fixes/functions to add, and when there is enough work to warrant it, get it done.

Above all, there is 1700+ users here and over 50,000 pages added. We have well over 200,000 trades in motion and believe it or not, it's not that simple to maintain a level that keeps all of them happy. Often when something goes ary, like the Page Rank is right now, it hits several thousand of the pages a day and updates them incorrectly. This time it wasn't us but the way the Page Rank API was working, it changed.

Slight inconveniences in this still new system are expected, in my opinion it's running fairly smooth so far.

Anyways, as always I am listening, and Drocd the programmer also frequents the boards to read what suggestions and ideas are thrown out. A sure fire way to have me ignore your requests is to be a cock though.

There, I've said it. Just don't be a cock.
ImageImage
vrocks

Re: How NOT to submit a support request.

Post by vrocks »

Now you know how I feel every time your drunk ass gets me on ICQ...

"Hey, I got my dick in my hand. What are you up to?"

Really... It is getting to be too much! If you want to shell out $100 - $200 a session. By all means go ahead! But this fucking free handies over ICQ shit has to stop!
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
jdoughs
Site Admin

Re: How NOT to submit a support request.

Post by jdoughs »

vrocks wrote:Now you know how I feel every time your drunk ass gets me on ICQ...

"Hey, I got my dick in my hand. What are you up to?"

Really... It is getting to be too much! If you want to shell out $100 - $200 a session. By all means go ahead! But this fucking free handies over ICQ shit has to stop!

rofl, very well played.
ImageImage