Why people login here and don't respond to trade requests?

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

__PMI__

Why people login here and don't respond to trade requests?

Post by __PMI__ »

I have 62 link trade requests dating from november 2010 until today.

People I sent requests login regularly to linkspun, but don't want to respond to trades (accept or deny).

I am very frustrated with those request sitting there. If people don't want to trade, then simply deny them and move on.

I don't want to delete requests because they are good trades and I spent time finding them.

Is it ignorance or laziness?

Linkspun needs a real personal message system with email notifying.

And also, I don't want to trade with people that hide their profile. Period.
spunar

Re: Why people login here and don't respond to trade request

Post by spunar »

I'm with you on this. I can't believe how lazy some people are regarding this. How hard is it to deny or accept?

The worst are the ones who actually requested from you and doesn't respond to the linkproposal you send back.

Their accounts should be locked imo.

Regards :)
shoplifter

Post by shoplifter »

In my case I have a huge list of requests and every one has to be checked. I have to check the site I am linking to to make sure it isn't crap, and then I have to try and see if the requester has any sites that are worth having a link from. Along with all the other work I have to do I maybe have time to check out 1 request a day. Right now I am about a month behind.

The only thing that would help would be having some conditional rules to trade requests. If I could prevent the clueless/pointless requests it would go much faster.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

i am on a different schedule than you.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
AshlAr

Post by AshlAr »

__PMI__ wrote:I have 62 link trade requests dating from november 2010 until today.

People I sent requests login regularly to linkspun, but don't want to respond to trades (accept or deny).

I am very frustrated with those request sitting there. If people don't want to trade, then simply deny them and move on.

I don't want to delete requests because they are good trades and I spent time finding them.

Is it ignorance or laziness?

Linkspun needs a real personal message system with email notifying.

And also, I don't want to trade with people that hide their profile. Period.
I am also building a huge list of pending requests, it seems. Several people just let them sit there without taking action. This is affecting my trade habits, since I'm not trading with people who don't answer to requests.

Is it laziness or nonchalance?

Maybe some sort of account block system with a maximum of pending trades? Like the one there is for a maximum of setup trades?
elegantmedia

Post by elegantmedia »

we just had a discussion on another message board about this - let me quote in some of the answers

the actual topic was 'how long before you cancel trade requests on LS'
I've had one 'time sensitives' period for links and that was during the charlie sheen/capri thing - other than that I dont mind so much if it takes someone 3-4 weeks to respond.

Maybe they want a link from you but want to get it pointing at a site they are currently building and is not in theie LS portfolio.

Maybe they want a link from a site that you have obviously 'just built' and they are waiting to see if you are going to update it

Perhaps they are waiting for a site to get indexed totally

Many reasons that people might not respond promptly, no reason to pull the request - thats just shooting yourself in the foot.

edit: sometimes I'm slow to respond to requests as well and it's generally due to the above - however I thought of one other reason

sometimes I get a request and I glance at what sites the person has available and I dont immediatly see anything that 'jumps out at me', instead of denying the trade I'll just wait and look at it again in a week, or two weeks when I have the inclination to sit spend some time and really dig deep into their portfolio to try to find something that might be helpful for both of us.
m almost embarrassed to say this but:

* Trade Requests (294)

For many reasons similar to stated above, I let some stew for weeks before either 86'ing them or replying.
If it is just pending ones who gives a shit, Now if it is ones waiting on the other party to throw up links, I remove them within a week or so of them not adding a link back.
I've been denying people I feel I have no use for and dangling people I feel I might sometime have use for and now I'm thinking I should just dangle all except requests I'm immediatly excited about which I normally accept on a daily basis.
I have a few link requests that are older, I haven't responded to them yet because at this time, I can't see anything that I want to trade with yet. Plus sometimes I am not sure if the person's site is legit or not, so I wait for a few weeks to see if they are actually making regular updates to their blogs before accepting the trade.
just wanted to share that to give some insight
lauralace

Post by lauralace »

For me, I sometimes get 40-50 requests in a day and only have time to dig through 10-15 so sometimes I'll have old trades waiting on me. I do scan my list and pick out people I know personally to trade with first, so others might sit there for a week or 2 while I catch up. I try not to let them get months behind though!
Make Money in mainstream! I have been doing so since 1994 and can teach you about the huge differences between mainstream and adult. Mainstream marketing
tigermom

Post by tigermom »

Responding to trade requests does take time. I too try to check every site and give it some thought. I don't have time to work on link trades more often than a day every 1-2 weeks, at best. I do check in in between, to check messages and errors, but that's all I have time too on most occasions.

The same goes for trade setups btw. If you can't allow for a couple of weeks for me to set up the trade, it may be best not to initiate any trades with me (and I say as much on my profile message).

Is there a way to set yourself up as unavailable for new trades? I vaguely recall something like that, but can't find it in my profile. I'll be leaving for a long vacation soon and won't be able to respond for months...
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

You can just set all your domains to hidden until you return.

Nobody will be able to request/see them.
ImageImage
tigermom

Post by tigermom »

jdoughs wrote:You can just set all your domains to hidden until you return.

Nobody will be able to request/see them.
Thanks! That was it. I just went ahead and hid them from now - really not sure how much time I'll have for trades in the coming few weeks.