Trades with oppoten, PR update

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

oppoten

Trades with oppoten, PR update

Post by oppoten »

Don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but all my PR's are being incorrectly listed as zero. Just to say that this is not the case and that it's still safe to trade with me!!
__PMI__

Re: Trades with oppoten, PR update

Post by __PMI__ »

hope they will run pr-update-thingie soon, we all need it

bump!
oppoten

Post by oppoten »

Ok so my site PR's still haven't been updated, despite the fact that most other poeple's have been.

What's going on? Do I need to delete sites and then re-add them?
oppoten

Post by oppoten »

edit: unable to delete pages that have been involved in trades.

Come on, please fix this, I'm losing quality trades and only being offered shitty ones. Unless that's the whole idea.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

oppoten wrote:edit: unable to delete pages that have been involved in trades.

Come on, please fix this, I'm losing quality trades and only being offered shitty ones. Unless that's the whole idea.
Message me url's, I can't fix or help you when all I know is you want to delete a domain.

If there is pending trades somewhere (in any status, not only active) it won't let you.

This is for your own good as a user, you don't want people to be able to delete URLs from the system that have existing deals or proposals in place.

It's real simple to fix if you have issue's deleting a site, I just need to know what you are trying to do to help.
ImageImage
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

oppoten wrote:Ok so my site PR's still haven't been updated, despite the fact that most other poeple's have been.

What's going on? Do I need to delete sites and then re-add them?

They are being checked at about 15-18k URLS a day, the list is almost done. There is a small percentage of errors still.

Google is playing hokey with the way they update the API's, we already lost the provider we started (and have been with since release) with to it 3 days after the major PR Update because they cannot get consistent results.

It sounds like a simple thing to update PR of 52,000 pages but to do it as a constant evolving and growing thing and maintain reliability is not as easy as it sounds when often Google themselves has strict limits on accessibility.

It is also the first PR Update we've had, we launched in May but not until now (as you know) was there any sort of update, so this is the first opportunity we've had to push the queries we had set up, unfortunately, the service handling it until now couldnt handle it once update came. We are working on this, I've got the updater running 24/7 and watching it as it goes for anomalies etc. And our solution is inhouse, done by linkspun so we won't need to rely on outside services (except google themselves).

Once the list is done and we can decipher the errors and why they happened, we can redo them at a much quicker rate and get them cleared and back to regular checking of every week or so on them during nonupdate times.
ImageImage
oppoten

Post by oppoten »

It's ok, I don't want to delete domains. I just hoped that maybe deleting and re-adding them might resolve the PR issue. But I know it's not as simple as that.

Glad you're on the case about it, it wasn't a criticism of you or Linkspun.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

oppoten wrote:It's ok, I don't want to delete domains. I just hoped that maybe deleting and re-adding them might resolve the PR issue. But I know it's not as simple as that.

Glad you're on the case about it, it wasn't a criticism of you or Linkspun.

Does clicking the Update Pr button in your manage pages change them to proper?
ImageImage
oppoten

Post by oppoten »

No it doesn't work.
oppoten

Post by oppoten »

All PR's are displaying correctly now, thanks for fixing this.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

oppoten wrote:All PR's are displaying correctly now, thanks for fixing this.

Great to hear, hopefully our new inhouse solution keeps them proper.
ImageImage
elegantmedia

Post by elegantmedia »

I still have several sites that are showing as pr0 incorrectly :(