Need to delete some sites from my account

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

Darkhorse

Need to delete some sites from my account

Post by Darkhorse »

I have two sites in my account that are no longer mine, I have asked all the trades to stop trading links with them but well am still not able to delete them.

Is it possible for admin to do it?

Also in the future would it be possible to get a merge account feature for this type of situation, seems it would be a good thing since the person with my sites is also a linkspun user.
vrocks

Re: Need to delete some sites from my account

Post by vrocks »

I second the merge account feature... Or perhaps the ability to send a trade to someone else.

So if I sell mysite.com and it has both inbound and outbound trades I intend to honor and so does the person buying the site, I can send the site to that person and they can accept it by reading terms and conditions of the move. Once there I still get updated if a trade drops with a URL I am still using in my account. Trading partners get an alert of the situation.

If the buyer elects to no longer want to trade, I can set my site for a drop and put in the comments why and then everyone gets an alert and if nobody does anything for 5 days it is dropped and transfered.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

I can move sites, as mentioned above the only real issue is the other trades, I can't just delete those trades they need to stay associated with the original deal maker. (They obviously have 2 options, keep the links live or have them removed).

Usually I just have the seller comment on the trades and then I move just the domains over. The seller (you) can then deal with the remaining users and the trades.

It does get shitty if you end up with 15 links dead but the other side not logging in or noticing.

But anyways, yes hit me up, we'll get them moved to the new owner. It's hard to say what problems may or may not arise without even have looked at the domains/trades in question.
ImageImage
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

jdoughs wrote:I can move sites, as mentioned above the only real issue is the other trades, I can't just delete those trades they need to stay associated with the original deal maker. (They obviously have 2 options, keep the links live or have them removed).

Usually I just have the seller comment on the trades and then I move just the domains over. The seller (you) can then deal with the remaining users and the trades.

It does get shitty if you end up with 15 links dead but the other side not logging in or noticing.

But anyways, yes hit me up, we'll get them moved to the new owner. It's hard to say what problems may or may not arise without even have looked at the domains/trades in question.
Hi thanks and not a problem, should I Pm/email you? and what info besides the urls do you need?
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

Just PM me (or icq/email) a list of the domains, and which USER is getting them.
ImageImage
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

jdoughs wrote:Just PM me (or icq/email) a list of the domains, and which USER is getting them.

Thanks done.