title=" ? "

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

t0pxxx0rg

title=" ? "

Post by t0pxxx0rg »

Hi,

Why dont u put and the title tag to be shown / edited?
HowlingWulf

Re: title=" ? "

Post by HowlingWulf »

Does this make any sense to anyone?
Submit to OMG Sex Blogs!
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

We may be able to add it like the html buttons for hyphen, dash etc, but it's not really a deal maker or breaker, there is probably more links out there without a title attribute then with one.
ImageImage
aj_spun

Post by aj_spun »

Bringing up this old topic because I'd like to have an option for title-tags on trades :)
The more you know, the deeper you get.
sexsite69

Post by sexsite69 »

Yes please! Anything we can exchange in addition to pure anchor text is gold for SEO. Thanks!
fetishbank

Post by fetishbank »

Do you think it can be of any help ?

This is just my personal opinion... but... I believe, day after day, search engine are less interested in the information we provide (example: meta tags) and more interested in what they can grab or "understand" on their own... I believe the big challange in the next years for search engine will be to develop I.A. like algorithms... the matter is much more complicate than you can think... understanding the difference from shit to gold in a web page requires human like capabilities... mathematical and logical procedures worked fine till now, but they have limits that cannot be passed...

We had always been thinking that a real I.A. would develop from military research (remember Terminator or the older "War Games"?). Now it seems that google is doing great steps in this direction (probably because it has just has a huge amount of money to invest in research, or because any small step in that direction will immediately turn into a profit making opportunity for the company). I'm not an expert in this field, but it appear possible to me that in few years google could become a leader in this technology. Will a "google skynet" be the begin of the end ????? : )

Hopefully not, then the question is "Do you really think title tags can be of any help ?" - Has any of you interesting articles to quote about this matter ?

(interesting thread: http://www.linkspun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=962)
Jay de Vos, Webmaster of http://www.fetishbank.net/
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

I will keep it in mind.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
sexsite69

Post by sexsite69 »

Absolutely right about the value of title re: Google and advanced AI, however there are lots of small search engines popping up that rely on old methods of ranking. Open source search engine software for example still relies mostly on on-page factors.