Is this for real?

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

thatboyismine

Is this for real?

Post by thatboyismine »

I came here because of strong recommendations that LinkSpun is a great place to build link trades. I must say that I am having a very hard time seeing that, in spite of the list of thousands of users and websites and active trades.

First off, the system is extremely clumsy. I have a hard time using it at all, and being a web designer I do know a thing or two. When someone requests a completely ridiculous trade (which so far has been every single one) I have not been able to adjust it or change the sites or anything. When I get these crazy requests, I do message back to the person but they don't even reply. So after waiting a week or so I just deny them.

So between the less than user-friendly interface, and the completely un-equal trade requests, this program is very quickly heading for the shelf for us.

TBIM Admin
drocd
Site Admin

Re: Is this for real?

Post by drocd »

thatboyismine wrote:I came here because of strong recommendations that LinkSpun is a great place to build link trades. I must say that I am having a very hard time seeing that, in spite of the list of thousands of users and websites and active trades.

First off, the system is extremely clumsy. I have a hard time using it at all, and being a web designer I do know a thing or two. When someone requests a completely ridiculous trade (which so far has been every single one) I have not been able to adjust it or change the sites or anything. When I get these crazy requests, I do message back to the person but they don't even reply. So after waiting a week or so I just deny them.

So between the less than user-friendly interface, and the completely un-equal trade requests, this program is very quickly heading for the shelf for us.

TBIM Admin
Hi there,

First off I'd like to say that I agree on some of your points. The user-interface isn't ideal in a lot of cases. We've made adjustments along the way, and will continue to do so. We are not designers. Please understand that this is a free service we are providing. It's not like we are forcing you to pay for a product you don't like.

If you would like to donate your design services to help make the site more user friendly, that would be great. People have managed to agree on almost 80,000 trades (270,000 requests) so I would have to say yes, this is for real.
Linkspun - developer
icq 230-699
redwhiteandblue

Post by redwhiteandblue »

I haven't had a hard time using it the 380-odd times so far. You know what, I got a sale only yesterday from traffic I got directly from one of the link trades I gained here. Unless I imagined it, but I think it was for real.
kimnguyen

Post by kimnguyen »

thatboyismine wrote:When someone requests a completely ridiculous trade (which so far has been every single one) TBIM Admin
Perhaps you should - Get off your ass and make your own trade requests that Do Make Sense for You. Many people want to just load up their domains and check their requests.

It's a 2-way street. Get in and Drive.
BadWolf

Post by BadWolf »

Well, then, go back to that POS Thunderball. Unless I'm mistaken this is the best thing out there for getting links. If it ain't perfect it's more than good enough for me.
rooofl

Post by rooofl »

I think Linkspun rocks.
HowlingWulf

Post by HowlingWulf »

You only offer subdomains and subdirs for your trades. Get real yourself.
Submit to OMG Sex Blogs!
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

drocd wrote:
thatboyismine wrote:I came here because of strong recommendations that LinkSpun is a great place to build link trades. I must say that I am having a very hard time seeing that, in spite of the list of thousands of users and websites and active trades.

TBIM Admin
Hi there,

First off I'd like to say that I agree on some of your points. The user-interface isn't ideal in a lot of cases. We've made adjustments along the way, and will continue to do so. We are not designers. Please understand that this is a free service we are providing. It's not like we are forcing you to pay for a product you don't like.

If you would like to donate your design services to help make the site more user friendly, that would be great. People have managed to agree on almost 80,000 trades (270,000 requests) so I would have to say yes, this is for real.
1.25% of LinkSpun's trades are mine.. nice...
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
onmaso

Post by onmaso »

3.45% is mine :D
venril

Post by venril »

1. Deny bad trades and block some of these people. Eventually you'll get less and less of these annoying requests.
2. Ask for trades yourself, this way you have more control. If someone offers you a quality exchange and has many similar sites add them as a friend and trade some more with them.
3. Make sure you offer something good. Browsing through a bunch of crappy subpages/throwaway sites is extremely annoying. Most just don't bother and decline/block right away.

Linkspun is not perfect, but it is the best right now. And besides it is totally free. However you can use thunder-ball in it's new incarnation as well, although no idea if it would be any good. Old T-B sucked pretty badly, and Linkspun is lightyears ahead.
drocd
Site Admin

Post by drocd »

venril wrote:Linkspun is not perfect, but it is the best right now.
Would love to hear your ideas on how to make it better as we continue to do upgrades.
Linkspun - developer
icq 230-699
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

onmaso wrote:3.45% is mine :D
Now I feel like I have been slacking on my pimping...
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!