Active Trades/Trades Drop

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

darksoul

Active Trades/Trades Drop

Post by darksoul »

Hey,

it would be really helpful if we could see for each user how many active trades we have with him and how many of our trades he dropped in the past.

Hopefully you'll take this into consideration.

Regards,
Darksoul
vrocks

Re: Active Trades/Trades Drop

Post by vrocks »

Would be nice to have one line that had:

1020/45/6/34/154/89

Current trades/dropped trades/trades I am missing links on/trades requested in past 60 days/trades I have pending to me/trades I accepted in past 60 days

Mousing over each would popup what it is...
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

Still, dropping trades is not always a bad thing. The idea that trades have to exist for ever is just not a valid one.

I do not understand why you guys are so hung up on dropped trades. Do you get a lot of dropped trades?
darksoul

Post by darksoul »

CodeR70 wrote:Still, dropping trades is not always a bad thing. The idea that trades have to exist for ever is just not a valid one.

I do not understand why you guys are so hung up on dropped trades. Do you get a lot of dropped trades?
Dropping trades it ok.
Dropping trades after a week from setup is not.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

darksoul wrote:Dropping trades it ok.
Dropping trades after a week from setup is not.
True, but how often does that happen?

What I'm also wondering is this, how do you know who dropped the trade first? My script automatically drops a trade when it cant find a reciprocal. But it also enables them again when it finds the reciprocal when checked again (regularly). I sometimes enable trades manually to get it started again when both are disabled because I know the trade partner has a similar (or same) script.

I think you should not look at dropped trades "blindly". Sometimes they just happen. What I do like to see is some sort of trade log, which shows you if and when it was dropped and enabled again (people enabled them, push the check button and drop them again). I don't even mind if the system uses the "comment" facilities to add those log messages. It should also include the change of PR for a particular trade so you can check its original PR when starting the trade and the PR currently.

Anyway, not agains any trade statistics, I'm just wondering how you guys "value" these things.
darksoul

Post by darksoul »

This thread was about something else though
I want to know if I already have XX trades with a user because I probably wouldn't want more
I also like to know if he dropped XX trades in the past because I also wouldn't want more from him.
this is ofcourse for anyone to decide which is the best course of action for his trades.

About your script you need to consider that sometimes there might be a problem between your server and the partner server, even if the link is up on both sides your script is going to drop it.
Even if after a while its going to put it back your partner already seen it down in linkspun and he's going to drop it because not everyone has time to micromanage every trade
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

darksoul wrote:About your script you need to consider that sometimes there might be a problem between your server and the partner server, even if the link is up on both sides your script is going to drop it.
Even if after a while its going to put it back your partner already seen it down in linkspun and he's going to drop it because not everyone has time to micromanage every trade
Nine out of ten times Linkspun does not even notice. If partners want to drop because they dont want to micromanage then that is fine by me, no hard feelings. But the script is LO and loads of people use it with the automatic option. People use it because they dont want to micromanage themselves. :D

But it does show that measuring dropped trades just by numbers does not say much about the "quality" of the trade partner.

To get the thread back on track ;), some kind of partner statistics as you mention is not a bad thing. Is that only for "favorites" or for all your trade partners?
darksoul

Post by darksoul »

CodeR70 wrote: Nine out of ten times Linkspun does not even notice. If partners want to drop because they dont want to micromanage then that is fine by me, no hard feelings. But the script is LO and loads of people use it with the automatic option. People use it because they dont want to micromanage themselves. :D

But it does show that measuring dropped trades just by numbers does not say much about the "quality" of the trade partner.

To get the thread back on track ;), some kind of partner statistics as you mention is not a bad thing. Is that only for "favorites" or for all your trade partners?

The quality as you put it is left for everyone to decide.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

darksoul wrote:The quality as you put it is left for everyone to decide.
Wish that was true m8.