Show domain trades on linkspun

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

webdanger

Show domain trades on linkspun

Post by webdanger »

I would like to check out the active trades for other users domains, this will minimize link rejections/ frustrations i think. It's a nice option to have and it will give users an idea about the quality of inbound links.

I hope its not too much trouble to implement it, maybe like a magnifying glass near the domain name.
webdanger

Re: Show domain trades on linkspun

Post by webdanger »

bad idea? no input :roll:
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

I'm not sure about adding that kind of info for other users to see. If it was only on your own profile or managePages page, possibly.

The main issue is, many don't want everyone to see their complete information, including myself, I wouldn't want anyone to see where I point most of my links, or what sites I'm trying rank high.

Letting another user know how many link trades I've done with any given domain, doesn't really tell them anything about my link quality, but does give away a good part of my strategy.

Still thinking about this, but that's the reason we don't have similar now, I think it might be pushing the line of what guys want other guys to know. (if that makes sense).
ImageImage
webdanger

Post by webdanger »

IT may be but thats why the hide option is there. They can see that but if the domain is hidden then it doesn't matter.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

webdanger wrote:IT may be but thats why the hide option is there. They can see that but if the domain is hidden then it doesn't matter.
Correct, but we do not want all the domains hidden, then the tool becomes useless.

Having hidden domains as it is now already makes many of the profiles/search/categories look full of worthless pages and gives the appearance of little to offer (cause all the gravy is hidden). Hidden is great for individual users, but it is bad for the community as a whole.

It's a pretty fine balance. Every time we add features or information the total trades goes down. So on average, every user gets less links.
ImageImage
webdanger

Post by webdanger »

Understood. Forget it then :)

Thanks for your time JD