Spiders Not Working For Me

Minor and major release and bug fixes requests will be discussed in here. If something just don't work right, or feel right, fire away. We are listening.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

vanillaice

Spiders Not Working For Me

Post by vanillaice »

For the past two days, linkspun is FUBAR for me. I haven't been receiving e-mails, spiders are not working properly, and it's having a hard time verifying my links. I have lost a bunch of trades, and some guy blocked me because he thought I removed the links on our trade (a little hasty on his part, he could have just gone to my site before blocking)

My account is http://www.linkspun.com/profile.php?profileID=1076 and I'm up to 12 trades that need to be confirmed, and 36 link errors.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Re: Spiders Not Working For Me

Post by jdoughs »

There seems to be some sort of external error or DNS issue causing this for you. I had Amerinoc techs check into things as well, this is direct from Hosting Support. I'm still looking into this but as shown on the kloth.net link below, the domains aren't resolving for more then just our server.
I've been doing some testing, and here are my findings.

- None of the sites resolve from your server.
- I can reach all 3 sites from my home connection
- I tested resolving all 3 sites from different resolvers in our network, none of
them can resolve these domains.
- I tested resolving all 3 sites using an external NSLOOKUP site at:
http://www.kloth.net/services/nslookup.php, the 1st one resolves, the 2nd and 3rd do
not.

What this all tells me is that these all must be having some sort of external DNS
issues. I'm not sure if they use the same dns provider or not. Since they aren't
domains hosted by us (1 actually used to be, and has now been removed, but that
wouldn't matter as you're using separate DNS resolvers).

All of our DNS resolvers update from the root DNS servers, they have no connection
with our main dns servers that host domains.
ImageImage
vanillaice

Post by vanillaice »

Hmm, interesting. I'm going to contact my server support and see if there is a problem with my DNS server. Thanks for the reply on this.

Sorry for making it sound like I was blaming the software, I seen a bunch of people have the same problem and haven't changed anything on my end recently, but it's possibly my host did.

Thanks
vanillaice

Post by vanillaice »

Btw, can you tell me which domains were not showing so I can report them to my host?

Thank you
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

> "Error: Couldn't resolve host 'www.bigtittybabe.com'"
> "Error: Couldn't resolve host 'www.busty-amateurs2.com'"
> "Error: Couldn't resolve host 'www.myshemalesex.net'"

I think 2 of those 3 are yours.
ImageImage
vanillaice

Post by vanillaice »

jdoughs wrote:> "Error: Couldn't resolve host 'www.bigtittybabe.com'"
> "Error: Couldn't resolve host 'www.busty-amateurs2.com'"
> "Error: Couldn't resolve host 'www.myshemalesex.net'"

I think 2 of those 3 are yours.
Only myshemalesex is. I spoke with my host and they said all my IP's are resolving ok. How are you looking up the shemale one so I can try to duplicate it on my end?
Mindoro

Post by Mindoro »

Hello Support

my account http://www.linkspun.com/profile.php?profileID=617 is also been locked of to much outstanding links but to add them ist not possible. The spider is not function

Trade 328146 both links are up
Trade 328143 both links are up

all 4 links are shown as not found

Beside is it not possible to increase this limits. Normally i like to give somebody a fulltime job to exchange links for me but with limits like only 100 links per day and and only 20 links in the setup its not possible.

If there is something linke an Memberaccount sent me information i need it
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

Looking now, I'll get back to you shortly Mindoro.

~UPDATE~
I'm not sure what the issue was, but I clicked Check Links and they all came back as found, is it possible it was wp-cache or something?

I'll look at some others and try to clear a few for you.
ImageImage
Mindoro

Post by Mindoro »

Thanks a lot i will build now the rest of the links
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

OK feel free to repost here any tradeID's you have problems with.

About the 100 a day limit, there will be an upgrade available but we are not quite done with the entire system, I figured 100 a day was plenty, but there has been 3-4 guys hitting it (it was 75 before..lol).

I've been trying to wrap it up and get everything caught up to do so, I'll make an announcement soon about what is happening with that, I think most will be pleasantly surprised.
ImageImage