Serious Question: Why buy LO if you use LinkSpun?

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

vrocks

Serious Question: Why buy LO if you use LinkSpun?

Post by vrocks »

Just wondering if there is a good reason to buy LO if you are already using Linkspun to handle your links? Are there features that make it totally worth it?
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
snakex

Re: Serious Question: Why buy LO if you use LinkSpun?

Post by snakex »

i am new here and i have the same question

but you as i know you bought LO :!: give us your feedback
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

Why do you think one replaces the other? Because it really doesn't.

LO is a script you run on your own servers. It's a link organizer (not only for link trades). It's not only to manage your links, but you also use it to publish your links. Besides that, what happens if tomorrow Linkspun is not that hot anymore (I really hope not)? And if you only use Linkspun, do you put your links up on all your sites manually? OMG... I really hope not.

I also use LO to build toplists (in combination with stats generated in Piwik) and I plan to use it to create a full blown directory.

There are some plans to have LO communicate with Linkspun though. Now that would be awesome.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

BTW, if you have any specific questions concerning LO, just drop a line here. I'm using it for some time now and I would be happy to help out if I can.

Not affiliated to LO... Just like the product.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

I think Links Organizer works great hand in hand with Linkspun. I own a copy, but I've yet to really combine the two. Links Organizer as mentioned above, has several features/functions that are different from Linkspuns.

A high percentage of our 'Power Users' that I've talked to all use Links Organizer along side their linkspun trades. Basically they utilize LS to find and develop the trades, and Links Organizer to track and add the links.

We are adding functionality to Linkspun to allow users to sync up their L.O. scripts to their Linkspun accounts. This will make it seamless to add links to their L.O. accounts that they have done in here.

I haven't got all set up myself using both combined, but only out of habit, I'll probably be asking a couple of our users who are fluent in both script to show me a couple tricks.
ImageImage
spunar

Post by spunar »

I totally agree with other users in here, LO is really worth the money. I find the trades here on LS, and import it to LO which then does the rest.

I've made myself an Excel sheet that I paste the trades into from the "setup page" on LS and import it with LO's import function. It works fantastic, so please Jdoughs don't chase the layout on the setup page, well not until you make an export function to LO anyway ;)

I think I use 40 seconds to import 10 trades now.
aliasx

Post by aliasx »

I will probably continue to conduct trades manually.
RickDiculous

Post by RickDiculous »

The only reason I use LO is to enter the trades on my blogs from one place instead of going to each blog individually to enter them. Saves me lots of time.

I never published my LO page to get some trades. All my trades come from using Linkspun