Requests on a HIDDEN page

Minor and major release and bug fixes requests will be discussed in here. If something just don't work right, or feel right, fire away. We are listening.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

CodeR70

Requests on a HIDDEN page

Post by CodeR70 »

Hi,

How is it possible for a member to request a trade on a hidden page?

see http://www.linkspun.com/trade_view.php?tradeID=374860

http://www.naughtygp.com/ is hidden according to my profile but the trade partner was able to select it. Pretty sure he did not see it as hidden though.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
CodeR70
jdoughs
Site Admin

Re: Requests on a HIDDEN page

Post by jdoughs »

You have him Favorited, so he can see the hidden (I cannot see that domain in your profile), only the 2 guys added.
ImageImage
HowlingWulf

Post by HowlingWulf »

This is why I don't use Favorites.
Submit to OMG Sex Blogs!
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

HowlingWulf wrote:This is why I don't use Favorites.
You hide all your good sites, don't let anyone see them (even webmasters with better sites then you), how can you expect to pull any value from a system working it like that?

Is everyone supposed to just use your crappy sites while you pull links to your good ones? Do you really think that getting a request to a hidden site from someone you've friended is such a bad thing? The deny button is pretty easy to click. (I say 'you' but I mean people with this exact mentality).

Serious question.

This is one reason quality sites aren't easy to find here, people sign up and see endless profiles full of shitty sites.

You get what you put in. I know most users want the world for free (at least they want QUALITY link trades, but offer SHIT in return.)

Think about it.
ImageImage
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

It's cool. I don't mind that people can see Hidden, especially my favs. I just expected the hidden sites to be non-selectable, thats all. My bad for the assumption.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

John, it's not so much that I want to hide these sites. It's just that some sites do not have a "links" section (yet) but you still want to start building links to them.

I do however see your point also. And let's be honest, you are right, the 'deny' button is easy to click… But in this particular case I did not even notice it until I wanted to create the backlink and figured that I could not… Was a bit of an embarrassing moment I guess :D

Anyway, as I said before, I misunderstood the 'hidden' feature. To have my favs see the hidden pages is not even a "feature" I thought about and considered. It's a good feature if you start building your friends network.

Thanks for clearing this up.
drocd
Site Admin

Post by drocd »

The hidden feature was one of our biggest design blunders...it's not clear how it works. Hope this can be fixed in the future, sorry for the confusion.
Linkspun - developer
icq 230-699
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

On a lighter note... I just masturbated.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
geirlur

Post by geirlur »

It's not a problem to get requests for hidden sites and deny them, the problem is when you've sent the request and get a request back for one of your hidden sites that you're unable to trade from.
It if was possible to deny the trade and make the other webmaster make a new choice it could work.

My hidden sites are usually sites that I feel have enough outgoing links on so I take them out of the trading game :)