Trade request limit?!? GRR!!

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

greenlitetoys

Trade request limit?!? GRR!!

Post by greenlitetoys »

I want to request more than 100 trades a day. That cap seems very low to me. In the past two days I've requested 200 trades and I only have 7 confirmed trades. I feel like I can do more. Why am I being limited? :?: :?:
Hincapie

Re: Trade request limit?!? GRR!!

Post by Hincapie »

I think its because of people using bots to request

But - you only have 1 site/url - it will very quickly become a very unattractive link location if you actually manage hundreds of linktrades with it. Of course thats up to you, but it´d be wise to keep the amount of trades from each url to a quite low number
LustCore

Post by LustCore »

Also quality over quantity
greenlitetoys

Post by greenlitetoys »

I understand that a link cloud is not attractive and I agree with quality over quantity.

(...here it comes...)

"BUUUT..."

My site is brand new. I have no traffic other than the advertising I've done with TrafficJunky. (Which I do regularly) But people are only going to buy products from me once they have built up trust with my name. That takes time and unfortunately I don't have that kind of money.

I look at the Alexa PR of other sites on Linkspun and they are all in the 100k to 1M+ range. If I keep my quantity low how will I build traffic from other sites that never get visited? If I increase quantity at least I will get hits from some of these other pages even though they seem to be lost in a see of adult code stretching beyond the known cyber-universe.

Is my thinking wrong? Domains cost money. At the end of the year when it comes time to pay for things like domains or hosting have those links sent me actual customers? That is what makes the difference between a profit and a loss.

I don't like to lose. So I trade freely with anyone who will trade with me.

There is an upside for trading with me... As I stated earlier I do regular advertising with TrafficJunky and that alone will ensure that your link is seen and visited. I may only have one page listed on Linkspun but your link will be visible on every page of my site. It may be not a lot, but you will get traffic from our trade.

As my business grows I will create more domains. I will add those domains to Linkspun as well. I can't say I won't do the same but maybe my link trade mentality will mature over time...
LustCore

Post by LustCore »

Trade requested - I am just looking similar sites to my new toplist site - but feel free to ask for my other sites.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

The worst thing you can do to a brand new site:

Add 100's of links into it in a short period of time.
Get links into it from Linkspun.com. (What?)

You should use this site to get links into non-money sites. So if you have a new tube site you hope to promote. You really should also create another network of sites. Then get links into those. And then link them into the tube site. But you can also link into the tube site. But choose your links wisely.

Avoid link farms that will trade outside of their niche.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!