Affiliate cookie who gets credit

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

eshams

Affiliate cookie who gets credit

Post by eshams »

I'm using ftvgirls and someone wants a hardlink using same content. Who gets the credit if they leave my site and sign up threw there link. I'm linking to hosted tgp pages when is a cookie or what ever they use issued. Is it the tgp page. I couldn't find anything in there tos maybe I over looked it. How long are cookies good for in affiliate programs in general?
vrocks

Re: Affiliate cookie who gets credit

Post by vrocks »

You have a tgp. It has FHG's on it I assume. Your linking partner has a TGP. It has FHG on it too. The actual "tagging" of the surfer occurs when they click to FTVGirls.com from inside the FHG. Not just viewing the FHG. It happens when they are sent through the ccbill.com CGI link.

So... If a surfer was viewing your galleries, then clicked to FTVGirls and didn't buy, but came back to your TGP and then got "skimmed" in a trade to the link partner, clicked his FHG, went to FTVGirls and bought the site, he gets the credit. His linking code would have overwritten your previous linking code.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!