Adding up external links correctly

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

lauralace

Adding up external links correctly

Post by lauralace »

It appears that linkspun looks at a site and counts all outgoing links seperately, even if it's the same link. For exampe, If I have say 10 pages and all 10 link to 1 paysite, rather than counting the 1 link once, it's counting the same url as 10 different links.

Is it not possible to have the script recognize that it's the same URL and therefore really only one link? Otherwise any adult site with lots of linked images is going to show dozens of outlinks :(
Make Money in mainstream! I have been doing so since 1994 and can teach you about the huge differences between mainstream and adult. Mainstream marketing
jdoughs
Site Admin

Re: Adding up external links correctly

Post by jdoughs »

lauralace wrote:It appears that linkspun looks at a site and counts all outgoing links seperately, even if it's the same link. For exampe, If I have say 10 pages and all 10 link to 1 paysite, rather than counting the 1 link once, it's counting the same url as 10 different links.

Is it not possible to have the script recognize that it's the same URL and therefore really only one link? Otherwise any adult site with lots of linked images is going to show dozens of outlinks :(

If you have 10 pages, and every page links to a sponsor, then each of those pages has a outbound link. We can't skip that link just because it's already been counted on the domain somewhere else.

It's not just about how the linkspun spider looks at it, its how the engines look at it. When you link to a site on your root, that doesn't mean they ignore all other instances of the link, quite the contrary.

About this also "Otherwise any adult site with lots of linked images is going to show dozens of outlinks"

If you have an adult site that is linking it's images from other sites, those ARE considered outbound links. You are passing weight off through each one of them. And also, if you had a domain root with 100 links to the exact same place, I think it would be fair to assume it would 'leak' much more link juice/weight then just one outbound link.
ImageImage
lauralace

Post by lauralace »

jdoughs wrote:
lauralace wrote: If you have an adult site that is linking it's images from other sites, those ARE considered outbound links. You are passing weight off through each one of them. And also, if you had a domain root with 100 links to the exact same place, I think it would be fair to assume it would 'leak' much more link juice/weight then just one outbound link.
Yeah I knew this part so all my images are internal links. I didn't realize is that 1 link counted as more one in the same post :( thanks for the info
Make Money in mainstream! I have been doing so since 1994 and can teach you about the huge differences between mainstream and adult. Mainstream marketing
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

lauralace wrote:
jdoughs wrote:
lauralace wrote: If you have an adult site that is linking it's images from other sites, those ARE considered outbound links. You are passing weight off through each one of them. And also, if you had a domain root with 100 links to the exact same place, I think it would be fair to assume it would 'leak' much more link juice/weight then just one outbound link.
Yeah I knew this part so all my images are internal links. I didn't realize is that 1 link counted as more one in the same post :( thanks for the info

It gets real hard to tell what is an outbound and what isn't after that, for example hosted gallery urls, or subdomains, once we start 'not counting' something we'll start to get real unreliable data.

That's the main thing I'm worried about.
ImageImage
lauralace

Post by lauralace »

jdoughs wrote:
It gets real hard to tell what is an outbound and what isn't after that, for example hosted gallery urls, or subdomains, once we start 'not counting' something we'll start to get real unreliable data.

That's the main thing I'm worried about.
makes sense :)
camsites

Post by camsites »

i think that every a href should counted as a link. i link juice splits on a hrefs and if you link to the same url 10 times, link juice on that page will be almost the same (if not exactly the same) if u link to 10 different domains.