Account Blocked Because Of Pending Trades. Question

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

RickDiculous

Account Blocked Because Of Pending Trades. Question

Post by RickDiculous »

Is there a way to increase the number of pending trades before the account gets blocked ? I still have like 20 trades to approve and I can't because I need to have the pending ones set up. I'm outsourcing the trade set up part and my guy only works from monday through friday and I want him to have plenty of trades to work on for the week
vrocks

Re: Account Blocked Because Of Pending Trades. Question

Post by vrocks »

As far as I know it is hard coded. So Drocd could shed more light.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
drocd
Site Admin

Post by drocd »

We can change this if enough people think it's a good idea. The community gets to decide. :)
Linkspun - developer
icq 230-699
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

Perhaps having an additional user type. Could be named trusted and this type of user would be able to bypass restrictions. Becoming a trusted user would require certain criteria to be met. Namely having the Admins like you. There are quite a few users with account numbers below 100 that would automatically fit into this category.

If it was something in the DB I could bestow it on a case by case basis either as a user type or a numerical limit on the amount of outstanding pending trades allowed to the user.
RickDiculous

Post by RickDiculous »

vrocks wrote:Perhaps having an additional user type. Could be named trusted and this type of user would be able to bypass restrictions. Becoming a trusted user would require certain criteria to be met. Namely having the Admins like you. There are quite a few users with account numbers below 100 that would automatically fit into this category.

If it was something in the DB I could bestow it on a case by case basis either as a user type or a numerical limit on the amount of outstanding pending trades allowed to the user.
I'm user #23 :)
drocd
Site Admin

Post by drocd »

That's a good thought if you'd be willing to manage it vrocks. Curious was some other members think about it...
Linkspun - developer
icq 230-699
webdanger

Post by webdanger »

I m for everything that speeds up the process..
fetishbank

Post by fetishbank »

How many pending trades are allowed right now ?
Jay de Vos, Webmaster of http://www.fetishbank.net/
inkognito

Post by inkognito »

^ I only know that limits for setup trades are 20. Then your acc is "locked" until you setup at least one, to get 19 pending setup trades.

For me this is not a problem. I put links up fast, so if I get my account locked, I go to setup page, and setup few.

I understand RickDiculous problem, sometimes I get my acc locked when I accept a lot of trades, but as I told I just finish setup few (or all) trades.

I'm OK to some members get higher number of trades before his account is locked, but that can't be good to be allowed to all members. Just members who are serious, and doing this job good. They deserve higher limit.

;-)
drocd
Site Admin

Post by drocd »

inkognito wrote:I'm OK to some members get higher number of trades before his account is locked, but that can't be good to be allowed to all members. Just members who are serious, and doing this job good. They deserve higher limit.
This is my feeling as well, but who deserves a higher limit is subjective.
Linkspun - developer
icq 230-699
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

@all

Yes, this would be something you can request. I would then put you up to a higher amount. Perhaps double it. I think it is currently at 20. I personally have only hit this number once when I took an entire day to clear out ALL pending trades. It was about 280 of them and the next few days I spent in the locker as you can imagine.

The average idiot won't even know this is allowed because they don't read the forum. Basically only power traders do and a few people wanting to break into power trading. If somebody asked I would check out who favorites them. How long they have been here. Are they respected outside of linkspun? Respected inside LS? I think it will only effect about 20 to 50 of us max since most others I have never heard of.
olexisomar

Post by olexisomar »

Although I think is a great feature, I don't care about it, since I do my job daily in that way I make sure not to reach the limit also it just take max half hour daily to get it done. :-)
Olexis Omar
e-mail: [email protected]
Site: http://www.observe.com
drocd
Site Admin

Post by drocd »

Okay, I will implement a switch for vrocks when time allows.
Linkspun - developer
icq 230-699